Best software to remote access Windows

I have a Windows pc that I want to run headless. I am using chrome remote desktop and that seems to be going fine but I was wondering if that is the best software to remotely access the PC? An application that will run on startup and easy to connect to, not laggy, and that does not take up too much of the system's resources. 

7 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

Windows Remote Desktop. By far the best.

Though I won't use it over the internet because of security concerns.

Ah don't you need windows 10 pro for that, I have home

38 minutes ago, hbsterling said:

Ah don't you need windows 10 pro for that, I have home

I'm not completely sure but you probably need Win 10 Pro.

You can look into some VNC options then. I'm not familiar with those setups.

I've had good results with TightVNC, with certain consideration. Under Windows 7 it was fine, but under Windows 10 then depending on the GPU you have, setting a desired resolution may be a problem if a monitor is not connected. I don't know if it is the GPU driver or Windows changes, but it is annoying. Anyway, it seems Intel is less affected, but nvidia and AMD certainly are. The only workaround I've found so far is to buy dummy HDMI "monitors" which is a bit annoying. BTW I use this to manage a farm of crunchers in winter.

Why don't I use the Windows Remote Desktop? I want a "like I'm there" experience, and there is no weirdness when using VNC. RDP sessions are not like being there, it seems to do some virtual display stuff, and that can also cause problems if you have GPU using applications. Ok for random desktop stuff, but I wouldn't use it for anything demanding.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible