how to know if my rig can use ssd?

in a previuos post i asked whether to uprade to an ssd or get more ram and i want to get an ssd based on those replies, but im fairly new to pc building and i have no idea if i can even use one

rig

cpu: ryzen r5 1400

ram: g skill 8gb

gpu: gtx 1060 3gb

mobo: gigabyte ab350

is there any other detail that is required to know whether i can use an ssd let me know.

Any system can have an SSD as long as you have SATA ports.  And they all do.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

16 minutes ago, rinnegan72 said:

in a previuos post i asked whether to uprade to an ssd or get more ram and i want to get an ssd based on those replies, but im fairly new to pc building and i have no idea if i can even use one

rig

cpu: ryzen r5 1400

ram: g skill 8gb

gpu: gtx 1060 3gb

mobo: gigabyte ab350

is there any other detail that is required to know whether i can use an ssd let me know.

on te page info of that board said

• 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4*/x2 SSD support)
  • * Actual support may vary by CPU.
  • 6 x conector SATA 6Gb/s

you can even buy a ssd on m.2 format

If you want to use an NVMe SSD, then your motherboard needs an m.2 connector. Otherwise, as others have said a SATA SSD can be attached the same way as an HDD, unless it's an m.2 SATA SSD, which also exists.

A 2.5" SSD (SATA) can be attached to pretty much any modern system.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Your board has an M.2 port, which can be used for M.2 form factor SSDs. Some of the cheaper ones are similar to SATA SSDs, which your system can have up to 6 of, but the drive itself is soldered onto a board fit for M.2. Some use NVMe as their transfer protocol, and these types of SSDs, namely the high-end ones from Samsung, A-DATA, Intel, etc. are extremely fast for sustained, large reads and writes. 

In your case, I'd recommend an SSD like the Crucial MX500 if you want a good starter SSD. It uses SATA, which almost everything still uses on the desktop.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Your board has an M.2 port, which can be used for M.2 form factor SSDs. Some of the cheaper ones are similar to SATA SSDs, which your system can have up to 6 of, but the drive itself is soldered onto a board fit for M.2. Some use NVMe as their transfer protocol, and these types of SSDs, namely the high-end ones from Samsung, A-DATA, Intel, etc. are extremely fast for sustained, large reads and writes. 

In your case, I'd recommend an SSD like the Crucial MX500 if you want a good starter SSD. It uses SATA, which almost everything still uses on the desktop.

oh i see, its good to know and also thanks for the recommendation.