Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KillingTimeBro

Friends pc has no display

Posted · Original PosterOP

So my friend has been building a pc for a week and has got all his parts and everything in and the fans turn on and so does the gpu but no display and after 3 to 4 seconds of the gpu coming on the gpu fans go off there is a light and the keyboard and mouse light up.

gigabyte ga-a b350 ds3h
GeForce 1050ti

Amd athlon 3000g

kingston ssd

2x4 g ram

thank you everyone in advance.

Try removing the GPU and running it off the iGPU. Make sure your RAM is in the right slots and all your PSU cables are plugged in.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

4 minutes ago, KillingTimeBro said:

So my friend has been building a pc for a week and has got all his parts and everything in and the fans turn on and so does the gpu but no display and after 3 to 4 seconds of the gpu coming on the gpu fans go off there is a light and the keyboard and mouse light up.

gigabyte ga-a b350 ds3h
GeForce 1050ti

Amd athlon 3000g

kingston ssd

2x4 g ram

thank you everyone in advance.

Probably because the B350 DS3H doesn't support the Athlon 3000g on the current BIOS revision. You really should not have gotten a B350 motherboard.

The solution for this is to return the 3000g and buy a 1st gen Ryzen CPU like the 1600 AF. I'm not sure what you were thinking with the part selection but it's too late to fix it.

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Probably because the B350 DS3H doesn't support the Athlon 3000g on the current BIOS revision. You really should not have gotten a B350 motherboard.

The solution for this is to return the 3000g and buy a 1st gen Ryzen CPU like the 1600 AF. I'm not sure what you were thinking with the part selection but it's too late to fix it.

Doesn't B350 chipset support Ryzen 3000?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Wrong, the 1600AF will not post in a release bios B350 motherboard, since its a 2nd gen part. @KillingTimeBro best option is to get someone to update the bios for him.

14 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Wrong, the 1600AF will not post in a release bios B350 motherboard, since its a 2nd gen part. @KillingTimeBro best option is to get someone to update the bios for him.

It depends on when he bought the motherboard. B350 has support for 2nd but not 3rd depending on when he bought it.

#MuricaParrotGang

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Just now, KillingTimeBro said:

Will a ryzen 5 3rd gen or ryzen 3 3rd gen work?

If a 3000G won't work then nothing from 3rd gen will work. It's a better solution just to buy a motherboard with proper support for stuff, not the "sort by lowest price" that this build seems to be. Mistakes were made.

#MuricaParrotGang

16 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

If a 3000G won't work then nothing from 3rd gen will work. It's a better solution just to buy a motherboard with proper support for stuff, not the "sort by lowest price" that this build seems to be. Mistakes were made.

Ok will a ryzen 5 3600 work with an msi mpg x570 gaming plus motherboard?

1 minute ago, KillingTimeBro said:

Ok will a ryzen 5 3600 work with an msi mpg x570 gaming plus motherboard?

Yeah but that is really extreme overkill. A b450 motherboard is just fine, the only reason why you would want B550 or X570 is for PCIe 4.0 which at the moment is only applicable to workstations and servers.

#MuricaParrotGang

1 hour ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah but that is really extreme overkill. A b450 motherboard is just fine, the only reason why you would want B550 or X570 is for PCIe 4.0 which at the moment is only applicable to workstations and servers.

How is an msi b450m pro m-2?

27 minutes ago, KillingTimeBro said:

How is an msi b450m pro m-2?

It's just fine. Really any B450 board works just fine.

#MuricaParrotGang