Friends pc has no display

KillingTimeBro

So my friend has been building a pc for a week and has got all his parts and everything in and the fans turn on and so does the gpu but no display and after 3 to 4 seconds of the gpu coming on the gpu fans go off there is a light and the keyboard and mouse light up.

gigabyte ga-a b350 ds3h
GeForce 1050ti

Amd athlon 3000g

kingston ssd

2x4 g ram

thank you everyone in advance.

Try removing the GPU and running it off the iGPU. Make sure your RAM is in the right slots and all your PSU cables are plugged in.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Probably because the B350 DS3H doesn't support the Athlon 3000g on the current BIOS revision. You really should not have gotten a B350 motherboard.

The solution for this is to return the 3000g and buy a 1st gen Ryzen CPU like the 1600 AF. I'm not sure what you were thinking with the part selection but it's too late to fix it.

Doesn't B350 chipset support Ryzen 3000?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Probably because the B350 DS3H doesn't support the Athlon 3000g on the current BIOS revision. You really should not have gotten a B350 motherboard.

The solution for this is to return the 3000g and buy a 1st gen Ryzen CPU like the 1600 AF. I'm not sure what you were thinking with the part selection but it's too late to fix it.

Wrong, the 1600AF will not post in a release bios B350 motherboard, since its a 2nd gen part. @KillingTimeBro best option is to get someone to update the bios for him.

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

It depends on when he bought the motherboard. B350 has support for 2nd but not 3rd depending on when he bought it.

Well it depends on how old the board is but yeah. Taking the risk again though isn't worth it.

19 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Doesn't B350 chipset support Ryzen 3000?

Will a ryzen 5 3rd gen or ryzen 3 3rd gen work?

16 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

If a 3000G won't work then nothing from 3rd gen will work. It's a better solution just to buy a motherboard with proper support for stuff, not the "sort by lowest price" that this build seems to be. Mistakes were made.

Ok will a ryzen 5 3600 work with an msi mpg x570 gaming plus motherboard?

1 hour ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah but that is really extreme overkill. A b450 motherboard is just fine, the only reason why you would want B550 or X570 is for PCIe 4.0 which at the moment is only applicable to workstations and servers.

How is an msi b450m pro m-2?