can download speed and upload speed be adjusted?

jumbo9i0

Hi all,

Can I allocate the upload speed more than the download speed originated assigned by ISP?

for example:

I subscribe to 1Gbps download speed and 500Mbps upload speed internet

can i personally change to 500Mbps download speed and 1Gbps upload speed?

No.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The speeds you have been given by your ISP is controlled by your ISP. You'd have to contact them to get the speeds changed.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, jumbo9i0 said:

Hi all,

Can I allocate the upload speed more than the download speed originated assigned by ISP?

for example:

I subscribe to 1Gbps download speed and 500Mbps upload speed internet

can i personally change to 500Mbps download speed and 1Gbps upload speed?

Why would you want to send that much data, but not be able to get data that fast...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Not from your end, no. You might attempt to contact your ISP and see if they offer plans tailored to upload, though they'll likely ask extortionate level prices, if they even offer such a service.

Your only other option would be a different ISP, or a different plan with a larger upload bandwidth.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

The speeds you have been given by your ISP is controlled by your ISP. You'd have to contact them to get the speeds changed.

... add in that the majority of consumer ISP customers do more downloading than uploading.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

@jumbo9i0 - do you have a commercial requirement for 1Gbps upload?

WHY NOT...?!

Back in DSL days I heard of people hacking their connection speeds to be faster, but I also was a culpable kid so if anyone is willing to explain if/how this was possible I'd be thankful. I guess even today you could do it, however the ISP's hardware should be well protected and you'd risk a lot, not to mention the knowledge required for such thing. Using normal methods there's no way to do this because no matter how fast you want to send/receive, your provider will let through only a limited amount of data either way.

1 hour ago, Loote said:

Back in DSL days I heard of people hacking their connection speeds to be faster, but I also was a culpable kid so if anyone is willing to explain if/how this was possible I'd be thankful. I guess even today you could do it, however the ISP's hardware should be well protected and you'd risk a lot, not to mention the knowledge required for such thing. Using normal methods there's no way to do this because no matter how fast you want to send/receive, your provider will let through only a limited amount of data either way.

At the risk of getting banned by your ISP, I wouldn't...

WHY NOT...?!