Just ordered my new Mobo & CPU

Well I just did it. I saw that both, the ASRock B550 Pro4 & the Ryzen 5 3600 were on sale, so I just clicked "buy". I'm actually kinda happy as these are the first pc components I've ever bought.
I've already created some topic in this forum about my planned build (https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/vQHMWb). The problem is, that I do not have another 100€ for the ram atm so I'm kinda worried. Of course I want & need to check if the mono & cpu are working properly, when they get delivered but I can't, right? Any ideas? Or will I be able to boot into the bios & check there, if the mob & cpu are working?

Actually in the pcpartpicker link, the prices are 134,50€ & 160€ - I got them for 129,-€ & 159-€ (6,50€ saved, whoa)

1 minute ago, baeni said:

The problem is, that I do not have another 100€ for the ram atm so I'm kinda worried. Of course I want & need to check if the mono & cpu are working properly, when they get delivered but I can't, right? Any ideas? Or will I be able to boot into the bios & check there, if the mob & cpu are working?

No. The system won't boot without RAM. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

No. The system won't boot without RAM. 

That sucks, I had a little hope to be able to get into the bios

Borrow some RAM from friends?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

5 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Borrow some RAM from friends?

Would be a good solution if I'd know anyone nearby with a pc:D

1 minute ago, baeni said:

Would be a good solution if I'd know anyone nearby with a pc:D

"Borrow" some RAM from the office? :P

just buy one stick of ram and you will buy another one when you ll habe the cash. You can also buy some good and used ones. I dont see a reason an "old" ram to not work

4 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

"Borrow" some RAM from the office? :P

uhmmm I'm actually not sure if the pc's are running with DDR3 or DDR4. Also I don't think that would be a nice move if u know what I mean:D

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

just buy one stick of ram and you will buy another one when you ll habe the cash. You can also buy some good and used ones. I dont see a reason an "old" ram to not work

Hmm yeah I thought about that already..  Unfortunately the ram I want to buy in the future, is not available with only one 8GB stick so I'll probably have to waste some money for buying a cheap used one for temporary usage.

2 minutes ago, baeni said:

Hmm yeah I thought about that already..  Unfortunately the ram I want to buy in the future, is not available with only one 8GB stick so I'll probably have to waste some money for buying a cheap used one for temporary usage.

You could always check the spec and see what generation CPU they use, which would tell you whether they are DDR3 or DDR4.  Plus, you can try asking the IT dept to loan you a set for a few days just to test whether your CPU and Mobo are working, since the return window starts now, not when your actual RAM is here.

Buying some cheap ram just to test the mobo is a terrible idea; you'll have to wait to have enough money to properly build this thing anyway, so you might as well be patient and just test the mobo/cpu when you get the proper ram.

Just now, akio123008 said:

Buying some cheap ram just to test the mobo is a terrible idea; you'll have to wait to have enough money to properly build this thing anyway, so you might as well be patient and just test the mobo/cpu when you get the proper ram.

yeah I bet the best option now is to check if I can borrow some ram from a friend even if I need to pay some € for the shipping as most of my friends with a pc live some hours away lol

2 hours ago, baeni said:

Don't waste money buying RAM you won't actually use. Just buy the kit of RAM you were planning on using.

It's often pointless buying PC components individually. A motherboard by itself is just a paper weight. You're better off saving up and buying all the essential components at once.

Keep in mind the Ryzen 3600 does not have integrated graphics so you will also require a dedicated graphics card for the system to boot. And obviously a power supply if you don't already have one.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Don't waste money buying RAM you won't actually use. Just buy the kit of RAM you were planning on using.

It's often pointless buying PC components individually. A motherboard by itself is just a paper weight. You're better off saving up and buying all the essential components at once.

Keep in mind the Ryzen 3600 does not have integrated graphics so you will also require a dedicated graphics card for the system to boot. And obviously a power supply if you don't already have one.

I do have a gfx card and a power supply. I ordered these products without the other components, because I will get the other products cheaper from another shop. If the products will arrive damages, I will return them. No problem. But indeed - It makes sense to order everything together to have the highest chance to receive everything in good condition.

My mobo and cpu will be delivered in one packet together tho so that should be okay.

atm I cannot buy the ram I am planning to use cuz my budget does not allow me to. Maybe I should consider going the bad way and buying a kit to test my mobo and cpu, and then return the kit after.