SSD Fresh Install Errors

Hi All - I'm facing a strange incidence for which I believe my SSD is the culprit.

I've gotten a new motherboard and processor up and running in my system. After installing them and booting I received an error telling me I had an unmovable boot volume on my Crucial mx500, which I've owned for about a month. I resolved this by doing a clean install of Windows 10. Afterwards I was able to boot into windows as expected. It was late and I was eager to head to bed so I just quit after seeing it boot to windows properly. 

Today I started installing most of the needed driver updates (chipset,LAN,audio) and was hit with the clock_watchdog_timeout error. I booted again and installed a little before getting the error again a few minutes after power on. I did a memory check on RAM -no issues. I updated BIOS. I checked proper connections of hardware. Attempting Windows updates or large installs results in a crash as well.

I decided to check old faithful WD HDD and sure enough it is running just fine leading me to believe my SSD is the issue. I just can't think of why this would be the case. Any ideas? I think I may clone the SSD from my HDD and see if that will fix it? 

Specs:

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (new)

Ryzen 5 3600 (new)

Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CL16 (new)

AMD R9 380 (being replaced immediately)

EVGA 600W Bronze