Games like tyranny that give you a sense of power and authority?

Underi

I've been playing Tyranny for a while and have been looking for an RPG that would have a similar concept. Something with a setting that would send you on a power trip. I'm not saying you have to be an overlord or anything, but a person of respect and authority. In tyranny I like how you get to make decisions on how the armies advance and aren't just a common soldier and that the other leaders respect you due to your position as a fatebinder of the Archon of Justice. Haven't found anything like this yet.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Hm. Dragon Age: Inquisition?

The Inquisitor is the leader of an organization (once you work your way up to it, of course), and outside of adventuring shenanigans, can make game-changing choices/decisions in both quests and war table operations.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

How about Spellforce 3?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 2:25 AM, gloop said:

Maybe something like Civ 6? You are a leader and make all the decisions, etc. 

Definitely similar. I've played Civ V and I understand where you come from, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I was thinking of a more RPG kinda game with dialogue and all. Still a great game though.

On 7/9/2020 at 2:33 AM, Eschew said:

Hm. Dragon Age: Inquisition?

I've actually been looking at this game and DA:O. I never got around to buy either one since a lot of people seem to be divided between Origins and Inquisition. I'll have to take a look again.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:29 AM, xAcid9 said:

How about Spellforce 3?

Checked it out, looks definitely interesting. Might be just what I'm looking for. I'll have to find a good deal since I can't buy it right now.

My stuff:

Spoiler

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Just now, Underi said:

I've actually been looking at this game and DA:O. I never got around to buy either one since a lot of people seem to be divided between Origins and Inquisition. I'll have to take a look again.

Ah, yeah, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Inquisition are definitely different in terms of gameplay. Both games are great, though! I'd just treat the two titles as separate games that share the same lore -- going into Inquisition expecting it to be like Origins (or vice versa) is going to lead to a lot of disappointment. 😅 The most jarring difference is combat; I'd say Inquisition is slightly faster-paced, is more open to creativity (perhaps more "fun," but definitely flashier), and is weirdly clunkier compared to Origins. In terms of mood and setting, Inquisition is also a lot more lighthearted than Origins. And, hm... Some characters from Origins (and II) do return in Inquisition, which also means that if you haven't played the previous games before, the significance of some events and some subtle references might be lost on you.

And if you're worried about importing previous save states/game-changing decisions from Origins and II into Inquisition, fear not. Dragon Age Keep lets you import a custom world state into Inquisition without needing to play through any of the previous games (totally free, too). Note that the site does contain spoilers for all three Dragon Age games.

If you wanna get Inquisition or Origins, though, I'd definitely, definitely try to catch it when it goes on sale. For both games, the usual price is $19.99 for the base game, and close to $29.99 - $39.99 for the base game plus expansion packs. While the games are well worth the price (IMO), they've also gone for as low as $3.99 - $4.99 (base game) or $7.49 - $11.99 (ultimate/GOTY editions) before.

...Yeah...I uh, I really like Dragon Age... 😶

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

2 minutes ago, Eschew said:

-snip-

Great. I'll wait until they go on sale on gog and pick both of them up.

My stuff:

Spoiler

Pathfinder Kingmaker. You'll rule your own little kingdom eventually. I didnt feel especially powerfull in it tbh but it's a great game and i think you could play as an evil tyrant if you want.