Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HardStroke

gaming performance (specific games)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

not sure if i should post this here or in the cpus forum...

i have an i5 3550 clocked at 4GHz, a 2080 aorus and 16 gb or ddr3 18600mhz ram at dual channel.

this combo absolutely shreds every single game that i play but some games are shredding my pc

the games that i play:

csgo - 1280x1024 75hz, medium to high settings at 250+ fps on every map (taking in mind that its a cpu intensive game.)

all other games are at 1080p 60hz

gta v - max settings all ultra/very high 70+ fps easy, gpu doesnt do above 55c

need for speed payback - ultra settings 100+ fps, around 60c

those are the 2 games that bring my pc down to its knees: (moslty in terms of cpu)

fortnite - 100% cpui and 40% gpu - low settings 150+ fps BUT my whole pc gets laggy as hell and even discord struggles to keep up. gets to about 77-80c BUT still keeps the 1945mhz core clock and 7000mhz memory clock

warzone - 100% cpu and 10-15% gpu - medium/high/very high - 100+ fps and my pc also struggles with this game same as with fortnite gets to about 70-75c and still keeps the same clock as ^above^

is it because the 4c/4t of the 3550?

or maybe because the consistent 100% load ont he cpu?

 

NOTE: the cpu is liquid cooler with a corsair h100x - highest temp during load that i saw until now is 65 degrees. it never got above 65 even with fortnite and warzone and even when rendering.

NOTE2: yeah the cpu has to work at 100% pretty much on every demanding game to keep up with the 2080


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

its a cpu bottleneck - wait for 4th gen ryzen.


5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, gloop said:

its a cpu bottleneck - wait for 4th gen ryzen.

na its too long and if ill wait for this long i wont upgrade at all for the next 3 years.

i can maybe get a 10700kf, giagabyte vision g and vengeance 3600mhz cl18 for 777 dollars without VAT so ill go for that


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

i can maybe get a 10700kf

Get a 3900X, it's just as fast in single core performance, but has 4 more cores, and is basically the same price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Get a 3900X, it's just as fast in single core performance, but has 4 more cores, and is basically the same price.

uh... its around 90 dollars more in total

heres what i wrote earlier about my cpu choise:

(as much as i would like to go with amd i decided to go with intel since they have better gaming performance and they have way better overclock capabilities then amd's 3700x/3800x.

yeah i know that amd just launched the XT versions of the 3600 - 3900 series but the only one that i have available in my country is the 3800xt and its the same price as a regular non k 10900 :/

and amd's supported x570 series that are available in my country are really lacking usb 3.0 connectors which is very important to me. (not alot of x570 mbs to choose from in general.)

i will run a 5GHz overclock on this 10700kf to get extra performance in games and rendering and i also want to overclock my 2080 aorus since it keeps a 2080-2100mhz core clock easily at around 70-75c 


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10600k and 10700k would be my first choice for gaming only, the gap is actually still quite large, but zen 3 looking to catch up, it's not the worse if u cant wait. 95% of the games don't see a difference between the 10600k and 10700k  The zen cpus are faster in csgo though.

16 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

.

 


9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xg32 said:

10600k and 10700k would be my first choice for gaming only, the gap is actually still quite large, but zen 3 looking to catch up, it's not the worse if u cant wait. 95% of the games don't see a difference between the 10600k and 10700k

 

do you know around what month zen 3 would come?

this chance to get this 10700kf combo without VAT is a chance that i wont have again and if ill wait for 4000 series ill have to pay the full price VAT included

if 4th gen is coming around september-october then ill end up saving the money and upgrading in 3 years.

if its a couple of weeks then i can wait but if it does happen in a couple of weeks the maximum that it would be is the announcement, not the launch and that the best case scenario.


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HardStroke said:

do you know around what month zen 3 would come?

this chance to get this 10700kf combo without VAT is a chance that i wont have again and if ill wait for 4000 series ill have to pay the full price VAT included

if 4th gen is coming around september-october then ill end up saving the money and upgrading in 3 years.

if its a couple of weeks then i can wait but if it does happen in a couple of weeks the maximum that it would be is the announcement, not the launch and that the best case scenario.

no1 knows, but the best guess is paper launch in october and actual stock in november, with the zen 2 XT launch we got a glimpse of the current silicon quality, it's likely that chips will be able to hit 4.6 on top of ipc improvement,  ddr 3800 oc , i'm expecting a 10-15% gaming improvement, it'll likely catchup to intel while the 8 core cpu launches at like 350usd (so u save 50bucks) the zen cpus will use around half the power of a 10700k, if u game everyday that's about 30usd a year of savings. Honestly a tough call.


9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, xg32 said:

no1 knows, but the best guess is paper launch in october and actual stock in november, with the zen 2 XT launch we got a glimpse of the current silicon quality, it's likely that chips will be able to hit 4.6 on top of ipc improvement,  ddr 3800 oc , i'm expecting a 10-15% gaming improvement, it'll likely catchup to intel while the 8 core cpu launches at like 350usd (so u save 50bucks) the zen cpus will use around half the power of a 10700k, if u game everyday that's about 30usd a year of savings. Honestly a tough call.

stock in around november...

thats really really so not worth it for me

im going to the army in march and investing around 1000 dollars in a pc for 4 months is really not something im going to do, as it would be used for just internet browsing and maybe maybe maybe gaming by my younger brother (he will have his own pc) cause i wont be home so basically my 1000 dollars will just sit there gathering dust.

and i am editing videos now so i want a good rendering cpu thats also has good gaming performance and really good overclock capabilities - like the 10700kf in this case.

plus the motherboard that i choose is a really good one that not too expensive and it has 7 usb 3.0+ ports that are really important to me.

in my country the price at your couontry is almost 50% higher if not double.

10700k is 500 dollars... tray version

in the US i can get a 10900k for that price...

just imagine 4000 series prices if the 3900x is 563 dollars...its 399 dollars at micro center......

its really hard to buy a good pc for a good price in here... even pc parts


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HardStroke said:

i have an i5 3550 clocked at 4GHz, a 2080 aorus

 games are at 1080p 60hz

OHHHH...GOD.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

OHHHH...GOD.

is it that bad for this combo? :))))))
i thought about getting a 240hz one when i upgrade to a 10700kf


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HardStroke said:

is it that bad for this combo? :))))))
i thought about getting a 240hz one when i upgrade to a 10700kf

Make sure you watch this video first...it's very informative. (you can skip the part where he talk and show the viewsonic monitor...any monitor with similar specs at good price will do)

 

image.thumb.png.8b6cb95a9b3b957af63a05aa63bd8e26.png

image.thumb.png.2cfcfadfbb6f22eddc9e96c58998634e.png


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Make sure you watch this video first...it's very informative. (you can skip the part where he talk and show the viewsonic monitor...any monitor with similar specs at good price will do)

 

image.thumb.png.8b6cb95a9b3b957af63a05aa63bd8e26.png

image.thumb.png.2cfcfadfbb6f22eddc9e96c58998634e.png

im thinking about the benq xl2450 or xl2456

if ill see them drop in price cause of the new xl2546s maybe ill go for one of them

of a 165hz aorus monitor. heard that they are good


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HardStroke said:

im thinking about the benq xl2450 or xl2456

if ill see them drop in price cause of the new xl2546s maybe ill go for one of them

of a 165hz aorus monitor. heard that they are good

you havnt watched the video :)

27'' 2560x1440p or 34'' Ultra wide 3440x1440p is where it's at bro!


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you havnt watched the video :)

27'' 2560x1440p or 34'' Ultra wide 3440x1440p is where it's at bro!

i dont want to sacrifice 240hz for 165hz for 1440p since i mostly play csgo.

27 is quite big and i wont be able to fit an ultra wide monitor on my desk.


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 11:58 PM, Darpyface said:

Get a 3900X, it's just as fast in single core performance, but has 4 more cores, and is basically the same price.

its not. see the benchmarks mate as shitty as it is 3000 series cpus from amd still dont compete with intel. gpu's have more headroom to use with intel than with amd. you see this time and time again. that for example the 2080 would easily get way more fps if paired with a good intel cpu. 

personally im curious to see what ryzen 4000 will bring but if he wants to game now. then he should get an intel cpu.

 


PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 5 2600x at 4.125 GHz all core               (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)          |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 11:17 PM, HardStroke said:

not sure if i should post this here or in the cpus forum...

i have an i5 3550 clocked at 4GHz, a 2080 aorus and 16 gb or ddr3 18600mhz ram at dual channel.

this combo absolutely shreds every single game that i play but some games are shredding my pc

the games that i play:

csgo - 1280x1024 75hz, medium to high settings at 250+ fps on every map (taking in mind that its a cpu intensive game.)

all other games are at 1080p 60hz

gta v - max settings all ultra/very high 70+ fps easy, gpu doesnt do above 55c

need for speed payback - ultra settings 100+ fps, around 60c

those are the 2 games that bring my pc down to its knees: (moslty in terms of cpu)

fortnite - 100% cpui and 40% gpu - low settings 150+ fps BUT my whole pc gets laggy as hell and even discord struggles to keep up. gets to about 77-80c BUT still keeps the 1945mhz core clock and 7000mhz memory clock

warzone - 100% cpu and 10-15% gpu - medium/high/very high - 100+ fps and my pc also struggles with this game same as with fortnite gets to about 70-75c and still keeps the same clock as ^above^

is it because the 4c/4t of the 3550?

or maybe because the consistent 100% load ont he cpu?

 

NOTE: the cpu is liquid cooler with a corsair h100x - highest temp during load that i saw until now is 65 degrees. it never got above 65 even with fortnite and warzone and even when rendering.

NOTE2: yeah the cpu has to work at 100% pretty much on every demanding game to keep up with the 2080

main issue here being its a poorly performing processor with only 4 cores and 4 threads. 
its keeping your gpu back.

The intel i7 10700kf will be plenty for your 2080 to keep up for a long time. :) go for that. 


PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 5 2600x at 4.125 GHz all core               (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)          |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

main issue here being its a poorly performing processor with only 4 cores and 4 threads. 
its keeping your gpu back.

The intel i7 10700kf will be plenty for your 2080 to keep up for a long time. :) go for that. 

ok

thanks homie :)


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HardStroke said:

i dont want to sacrifice 240hz for 165hz for 1440p since i mostly play csgo.

27 is quite big and i wont be able to fit an ultra wide monitor on my desk.

i you'd watch the video you'd realize that 240hz to 165hz isn't nearly as big a deal as you're thinking.

 


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 3:17 AM, HardStroke said:

im thinking about the benq xl2450 or xl2456

if ill see them drop in price cause of the new xl2546s maybe ill go for one of them

of a 165hz aorus monitor. heard that they are good

if you play csgo i undestand the need for 240hz, but if u end up going 144/165hz then the LG L850 is best in class, or just go with a 27QD for better colors (they are usually out of stock), if it's 144 might as well make the games look better 

 

For 240hz take a look at the samsung g7, that thing is insane.


9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×