Monitor randomly says no signal

Flyingchickennugget27

Hello, recently my monitor has been randomly freezing for a few seconds then saying no signal and turning off, my pc and peripherals still stay on, lights on and fans spinning, i cant seem to dind the problem, ive already tried with hdmi and displayport and both do the same, i would appreciate if someone helps, tysm

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Do you have a spare GPU you could put in to test with?

No but i can use my bros laptop if that would help?

5 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

No but i can use my bros laptop if that would help?

No, if the problem is hardware related we can start by eliminating the easy culprits like the GPU. If the problem persists we can move to swap out other pieces of equipment.

Problems like this could also be caused by drivers but my own experience dealing with this type of issue is it's usually from hardware or overclocking.

Have you confirmed if any audio keeps playing normally or if it starts repeating like a broken record?

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

No, if the problem is hardware related we can start by eliminating the easy culprits like the GPU. If the problem persists we can move to swap out other pieces of equipment.

Problems like this could also be caused by drivers but my own experience dealing with this type of issue is it's usually from hardware or overclocking.

Have you confirmed if any audio keeps playing normally or if it starts repeating like a broken record?

The audio works fine

Just now, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

The audio works fine

So the system isn't freezing you're just losing display output.

So you tried different cables, did you try a different display? To be honest chances are you need to replace the GPU but we can try a couple things to prove me wrong. Don't want to cause panic but I have to be realistic.

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

So the system isn't freezing you're just losing display output.

So you tried different cables, did you try a different display? To be honest chances are you need to replace the GPU but we can try a couple things to prove me wrong. Don't want to cause panic but I have to be realistic.

Ill try a different display now and get back to you

1 minute ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

Ill try a different display now and get back to you

What GPU do you have? You can also try DDU-ing and re-installing (updating) your display driver.

16 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What GPU do you have? You can also try DDU-ing and re-installing (updating) your display driver.

I have a gigabyte triple fan oc rx 5600 xt and im using the aorus engine driver for it, also i tried with another display and it done the same, also it always crashes within 1-4 minutes

31 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

I have a gigabyte triple fan oc rx 5600 xt and im using the aorus engine driver for it, also i tried with another display and it done the same, also it always crashes within 1-4 minutes

Did you try installing the AMD display driver directly from AMD?

For your GPU that would be from here.

I would DDU before trying to install the AMD driver over-top Aorus Engine.

9 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you try installing the AMD display driver directly from AMD?

For your GPU that would be from here.

I would DDU before trying to install the AMD driver over-top Aorus Engine.

No i downloaded it from the gigabyte website but i dont think ill have enough time to download it before the pc crashes

1 minute ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

No i downloaded it from the gigabyte website but i dont think ill have enough time to download it before the pc crashes

You can try loading into Safe Mode. If the PC doesn't crash it might just be a driver issue.

22 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

You can try loading into Safe Mode. If the PC doesn't crash it might just be a driver issue.

I used safe mode and it works completely fine in there so probably driver issue but idk which driver

4 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

I used safe mode and it works completely fine in there so probably driver issue but idk which driver

Starting with the GPU is a fair bet as that is what appears to stop working when the problem presents itself. Uninstall the Aorus driver through Control Panel while in Safe Mode and see if the PC lasts more than 1-4 minutes when you boot normally.

24 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Starting with the GPU is a fair bet as that is what appears to stop working when the problem presents itself. Uninstall the Aorus driver through Control Panel while in Safe Mode and see if the PC lasts more than 1-4 minutes when you boot normally.

Ok thx for the help i will try