Please help me I’m new to computers

FifaBuzzer
1 minute ago, FifaBuzzer said:

240hz

No there are many factors to affect that. Please I recommend reading up on things and learning as you go through. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

In all likelihood you don't but you should be able to check what your refresh rate is in the display settings. My money is on it being a 60Hz/75Hz panel.

Oh thanks I’ll check that 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

No there are many factors to affect that. Please I recommend reading up on things and learning as you go through. 

Oh so to clarify, if I want to use a 240hz monitor I would need a computer to utilise it 

Just now, FifaBuzzer said:

computer to utilise it 

It's not that simple 

But the premise is you need something to get to 240.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

It's not that simple 

But the premise is you need something to get to 240.

Oh this may also sound very dumb but do monitors come with prebuilt graphics cards and also laptops , like I get 60ps -120 on my laptop 

2 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

do monitors come with prebuilt graphics cards and also laptops

Monitors don't have the parts

They have the pcb 

The back light the film. As I said. Just read up on things to learn

That's the quickest way to do so.

Edited by TofuHaroto

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

This might sound really dumb but if I just get a 240hz monitor would I be able to use it with out a computer and get 240 fps on a game like Fortnite 

Well, sounds like we need to clear something up.

A monitor is literally just a screen, nothing more. There's a reason you've got a massive rectangle box plugged into it. That's the computer. The monitor is only a screen.

1 minute ago, Planet said:

Well, sounds like we need to clear something up.

A monitor is literally just a screen, nothing more. There's a reason you've got a massive rectangle box plugged into it. That's the computer. The monitor is only a screen.

Ohh okay thanks , so you see how an Xbox can get 60 FPS if I plug mine into a 240hz monitor will I be able to get 240 FPS , sorry for sounding quite dumb previously, also thanks for the help 

4 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

Oh this may also sound very dumb but do monitors come with prebuilt graphics cards and also laptops , like I get 60ps -120 on my laptop 

Monitors don't. Monitors are not computers. They're just screens. The only thing they do is show something on it when you plug a computer into it. 

Laptops are actual computers of course, so they are a different thing. Most mid-tier+ laptops these days do.come.with graphics cards built in.

Also, protip - as for playing Fortnite, I almost guarantee you don't need 240Hz. If you want to be better at Fortnite, 144Hz will do the trick just fine, you probably wouldn't even notice the difference between 144 and 240. Also, I recommend looking to maybe getting a better mouse, better mousepad, make sure your playing position is good (like sitting at a desk vs sitting on a couch), and make sure your internet is reasonably good (unless you've already done all those things).

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Monitors don't have the parts

They have the pcb 

The back light the film. As I said. Just read up on things to learn

That's the quickest way to do so.

Ohh okay thanks , if I need any help in the future with computers will u be able to come and ask u for help as you seem very knowledgeable, also thanks for the help

Just now, Planet said:

Monitors don't. Monitors are not computers. They're just screens. The only thing they do is show something on it when you plug a computer into it. 

Laptops are actual computers of course, so they are a different thing. Most mid-tier+ laptops these days do.come.with graphics cards built in.

Also, protip - as for playing Fortnite, I almost guarantee you don't need 240Hz. If you want to be better at Fortnite, 144Hz will do the trick just fine, you probably wouldn't even notice the difference between 144 and 240. Also, I recommend looking to maybe getting a better mouse, better mousepad, make sure your playing position is good (like sitting at a desk vs sitting on a couch), and make sure your internet is reasonably good (unless you've already done all those things).

Thanks so much , also will I be able to contact you in the future if I need help with computers , also thanks for going out of your way to type a very long message to help me, I’m very good with coding but so dumb when it comes to computers and I’m trying to get better so thanks for helping me out as you are very knowledgeable about computers :)

Sure, just PM me if you have any questions in the future and I will answer them as I see them.

Just now, Planet said:

Sure, just PM me if you have any questions in the future and I will answer them as I see them.

Just now, Planet said:

Thanks so much , also I asked a question about whether if I bought a 240hz monitor and plugged my Xbox in which gets 60fps would I get 240fps on my monitor

Thanks so much , also I asked a question about whether if I bought a 240hz monitor and plugged my Xbox in which gets 60fps would I get 240fps on my monitor

Unfortunately no.

The hertz (hz) of the monitor is how many times it can refresh the display. The only way to get more FPS (The number of images a second your computer/console gives the monitor) is to have a faster computer. I don’t think any console can do 240fps at any resolution.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

4 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Unfortunately no.

The hertz (hz) of the monitor is how many times it can refresh the display. The only way to get more FPS (The number of images a second your computer/console gives the monitor) is to have a faster computer. I don’t think any console can do 240fps at any resolution.

Oh thanks so much for the response do you know what the cheapest setup that can run 240fps is thanks for the response will I be able to you contact also in the future if I need any further help

Oh thanks so much for the response do you know what the cheapest setup that can run 240fps is thanks for the response will I be able to you contact also in the future if I need any further help

What games?

What settings?

What resolution?

CS:GO could get 240FPS on a potato at 800x600 on-all low, but it is impossible to run RDR2 at 4K Ultra even with the most godly of computers. 

Just now, FifaBuzzer said:

It depends on what resolution and graphics settings you want. Also what country are you located in?

If you need more help in the future, you can send me a pm on here or post a new topic so more people will be able to help as well.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

What games?

What settings?

What resolution?

CS:GO could get 240FPS on a potato at 800x600 on-all low, but it is impossible to run RDR2 at 4K Ultra even with the most godly of computers. 

Fortnite 1920x1080 , 240 FPS I need a cheap option that can run 240fps I mean not cheap but the cheapest option , also thanks for the help

3 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

It depends on what resolution and graphics settings you want. Also what country are you located in?

If you need more help in the future, you can send me a pm on here or post a new topic so more people will be able to help as well.

I’m in the uk I want 240fps and 1920 x 1800 I think or it might be 1920 x 1080 for Fortnite it would really help me out if you could help me find the least pricey option also thanks for the help

I’m in the uk I want 240fps and 1920 x 1800 I think or it might be 1920 x 1080 for Fortnite it would really help me out if you could help me find the least pricey option also thanks for the help

Could you wait a few months? The new generation of hardware will be out and provide better price/performance.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

Could you wait a few months? The new generation of hardware will be out and provide better price/performance.

Yeah definitely so would they be cheaper or like more worth your money

6 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

Yeah definitely so would they be cheaper or like more worth your money

The new generation should have replacements at the same prices but with more performance.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

6 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

The new generation should have replacements at the same prices but with more performance.

6 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Oh that’s amazing thanks for the help 

Oh that’s amazing thanks for the help 

You’re welcome!

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG