Please help me I’m new to computers

FifaBuzzer

Hey guys I have a windows pavilion hp all in one and an amd Radeon r5 graphics card and when I get 30 and I’m looking at buying a graphics card so I can get 240 FPS will my pc be able to handle it 

Aio? I'm pretty sure these do not support standard gpus, they usually have soldered ones. 

5 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

looking at buying a graphics card so I can get 240 FPS will my pc be able to handle it 

What resolution ? 

What ryzen 5 ? That doesn't really say a whole lot 

Budget ? And can you even upgrade in the first place 

Did you open it up and checked ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

Hey guys I have a windows pavilion hp all in one and an amd Radeon r5 graphics card and when I get 30 and I’m looking at buying a graphics card so I can get 240 FPS will my pc be able to handle it 

@TofuHaroto I’m not sure what Ryzen 5 is

1 minute ago, FifaBuzzer said:

I’m not sure what Ryzen 5 is

It's a series of processors made by AMD

I’m not sure what Ryzen 5 is

Open it and check if you can upgrade in the first place. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Chances are no. Also unless you have a 240Hz monitor there's no point in going over 60fps as 60Hz is what most common/cheap displays/TVs do right now.

15 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

All in one? As in, desktop and monitor combined?

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Open it and check if you can upgrade in the first place. 

Oh okay if I can upgrade it will I be able to get 240 FPS 

1 minute ago, Max1996LTT said:

All in one? As in, desktop and monitor combined?

Yeah

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Chances are no. Also unless you have a 240Hz monitor there's no point in going over 60fps as 60Hz is what most common/cheap displays/TVs do right now.

How do I find out if I have a 240 hz monitor

2 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

Depends on the game. In some older games you may be able to get 240, but in newer games you won't.

What's the point of getting 240 when your monitor can't even display it? And you most likely can't as AIO's use soldered gpus if they had one.  

Build Log: 

Yeah

There (likely) isn't any upgrading possible for that sort of thing, period.

Just now, FifaBuzzer said:

Unlikely. You will need to improve other components of your PC as well in order to keep them from bottlenecking the graphics card, if you can change the graphics card in the first place. Likewise, it's already been said here but you will also need a monitor capable of 240Hz if you actually want to be able to see the 240 fps anyway.

You don't have a 240Hz monitor. If you did, you would know. 240Hz monitors are currently top of the market, very high end. You don't buy a 240Hz monitor without knowing it's a 240Hz monitor, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Planet said:

Unlikely. You will need to improve other components of your PC as well in order to keep them from bottlenecking the graphics card, if you can change the graphics card in the first place. Likewise, it's already been said here but you will also need a monitor capable of 240Hz if you actually want to be able to see the 240 fps anyway.

Oh I’m getting an iMac soon will that be able to get 240 FPS also thanks for the help on this post everyone ❤️

1 minute ago, Planet said:

You don't have a 240Hz monitor. If you did, you would know. 240Hz monitors are currently top of the market, very high end. You don't buy a 240Hz monitor without knowing it's a 240Hz monitor, unfortunately.

Oh will I get 240 FPS on an iMac 

3 minutes ago, Max1996LTT said:

There (likely) isn't any upgrading possible for that sort of thing, period.

Oh okay thanks for the help ❤️

Oh I’m getting an iMac soon will that be able to get 240 FPS

Not a 240 display 

And no you won't be able to 

Bad value. Build your own 

I really recommend reading up and learning right now.

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What's the point of getting 240 when your monitor can't even display it? And you most likely can't as AIO's use soldered gpus if they had one.  

What’s a soldered gpu also thanks for the help the community on this app is really responsive and caring ❤️

Oh will I get 240 FPS on an iMac 

What are you trying to get 240fps on anyway? That will make a big difference. Either way, the likelihood is that you won't get 240fps on an iMac besides on simple games. 240fps is a lot of frames. Worse still, the iMac only has a 60Hz display I believe, so anything over 60fps would pretty much be moot. But 60fps is still reasonably good. It's just that people prefer 144+ for competitive gaming.

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Not a 240 display 

And no you won't be able to 

Bad value. Build your own 

I really recommend reading up and learning right now.

This might sound really dumb but if I just get a 240hz monitor would I be able to use it with out a computer and get 240 fps on a game like Fortnite 

Just now, Planet said:

What are you trying to get 240fps on anyway? That will make a big difference. Either way, the likelihood is that you won't get 240fps on an iMac besides on simple games. 240fps is a lot of frames. Worse still, the iMac only has a 60Hz display I believe, so anything over 60fps would pretty much be moot. But 60fps is still reasonably good. It's just that people prefer 144+ for competitive gaming.

Fortnite 

6 minutes ago, FifaBuzzer said:

In all likelihood you don't but you should be able to check what your refresh rate is in the display settings. My money is on it being a 60Hz/75Hz panel.