PC specs review before I purchase

I am planning to build a gaming PC,after doing some research and watching lots of reviews, this is the final spec list I came up with https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fGWcp8

The only problem is it is slightly over budget for me, so will it be possible to substitute a few things to make it a few dollars cheaper? I know the Kraken x63 is unnecessary but I really like the look of it so please dont make me take it out 🙂

Bottom line is that if I cant get equivalent performance at lower a price, I am prepared to spend the money for this but I definitely cannot go above it.

Also, just to make sure, if I do end up buying this exact spec, are there some compatibility issues or something that I should be aware of? Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

I am planning to build a gaming PC,after doing some research and watching lots of reviews, this is the final spec list I came up with https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fGWcp8

The only problem is it is slightly over budget for me, so will it be possible to substitute a few things to make it a few dollars cheaper? I know the Kraken x63 is unnecessary but I really like the look of it so please dont make me take it out 🙂

Bottom line is that if I cant get equivalent performance at lower a price, I am prepared to spend the money for this but I definitely cannot go above it.

Also, just to make sure, if I do end up buying this exact spec, are there some compatibility issues or something that I should be aware of? Thanks in advance

get a larger capacity ssd

other than that looks good

cant say anything about the monitor keyboard and mouse, sorry idk much about them

😕

1 minute ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

get a larger capacity ssd

I am not planning to store any games on it, just the OS and some programs, so I thought 250 should be enough for it.

8 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

everything is perfect but if you want your pc to look good you could go with a better case like the nzxt h510. 

6 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

The only problem is it is slightly over budget for me, so will it be possible to substitute a few things to make it a few dollars cheaper? I know the Kraken x63 is unnecessary but I really like the look of it so please dont make me take it out

One possible solution would be to stick with the stock Wraith Prism cooler for now and then later upgrade to the Kraken X63 or another cooler in a few months time after you save up a bit more money.

How much are you trying to save off the current build price?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, AncientPistol said:

I am not planning to store any games on it, just the OS and some programs, so I thought 250 should be enough for it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KTMF27

hows this?

notes:

1. increased RAM speed, youll benefit from 3600 mhz instead of 3200 mhz

2. increased capacity for ssd, you can still load some games on there :)

have you bought these parts yet? if not i strongly recommend not to yet

😕

If you're tight on budget, delete the water cooling, just go with the stock heatsink for now.

250gb ssd is enough if you don't install any game, but you may want to check Crucial P1, you can get 500gb for the same price.

everything else should be fine.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KTMF27

hows this?

notes:

1. increased RAM speed, youll benefit from 3600 mhz instead of 3200 mhz

2. increased capacity for ssd, you can still load some games on there :)

have you bought these parts yet? if not i strongly recommend not to yet

I would like to do the same, but like I said I cannot put more money into it so any upgrades in this would have to be at the cost of something else

3 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

I would like to do the same, but like I said I cannot put more money into it so any upgrades in this would have to be at the cost of something else

would you consider getting a cheaper case or a cheaper aio/air cooler or even a cheaper b550 motherboard?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zQyF27

remove the aio and problem solved

😕

5 minutes ago, DarkAavenger777 said:

everything is perfect but if you want your pc to look good you could go with a better case like the nzxt h510. 

How, in any way, is the H510 better than the Meshify S2?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($279.30 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: GeIL EVO X II 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($769.00 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($115.97 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: BenQ EX2780Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($449.99 @ Adorama) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($94.99 @ Adorama) 
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Wired Optical Mouse  ($39.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $2102.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-08 07:40 EDT-0400

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, AncientPistol said:

also, what i would suggest is to wait till mid september to build your pc.

new generation CPUs and GPUs are coming, and theyll provide a MASSIVE performance boost over current gen top-line hardware. since youre going for a 2080 super, if you wait you may be able to get a 3080 suuper ;)

😕

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

One possible solution would be to stick with the stock Wraith Prism cooler for now and then later upgrade to the Kraken X63 or another cooler in a few months time after you save up a bit more money.

How much are you trying to save off the current build price?

I just wanted to see if I can save any money while retaining the same performance I will get with my current specs, but if I could cut like a $100 that would be really nice.

I like the idea of postponing the Kraken but then wouldn't I have to buy a couple of case fans in that case to ensure adequate airflow?

Just now, AncientPistol said:

I just wanted to see if I can save any money while retaining the same performance I will get with my current specs, but if I could cut like a $100 that would be really nice.

I like the idea of postponing the Kraken but then wouldn't I have to buy a couple of case fans in that case to ensure adequate airflow?

You could get some $5 Arctic 120mm fans which perform great for the price and will get air moving through the case. 

2 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

also, what i would suggest is to wait till mid september to build your pc.

new generation CPUs and GPUs are coming, and theyll provide a MASSIVE performance boost over current gen top-line hardware. since youre going for a 2080 super, if you wait you may be able to get a 3080 suuper ;)

wouldnt 3080 be super expensive at launch?

Just now, AncientPistol said:

They should be the same price as current components. 

There's fans included with the Meshify S2. Pre-installed as 2x intake at the front and 1x exhaust at the rear. That should be able to provide adequate airflow.

Three Dynamic X2 fans pre-installed as dual intakes and rear exhaust for balanced airflow

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-s2/black/

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

but if I could cut like a $100 that would be really nice.

My edit almost $200 savings, +512gb ssd & 3600 ram.

2 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

1 minute ago, gloop said:

They should be the same price as current components. 

And existing components may come down in price when they launch too.

The best place I could see for some savings would be to get a different NVME drive and save the AIO purchase for later. @SupaKomputa's build looks good to me.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

Here's my version more storage, more rgb, better psu for a hundred or so dollars less

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/s8H3TC

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6