ressource monitor logger

Hi :)

In DSM (Synology OS) there is a tool that I find very convenient. The NAS will automatically monitor and log resources usage (CPU, RAM, disk space, network, ...).

This is done automatically and it doesn't require to manually launch anything upon reboot, for instance.

What is really useful to me is that I can easily have an overview of what CPU/RAM usage looked like in the past 24h / week / month or even year. Very useful to determine if (and how frequently) resources have become a limiting factor.

Now I wonder if there was such a tool (easy to use, automatically always running in the background, basically fault proof) that would allow me to obtain the same information on either Windows10 or macOS (or both).

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,

-a-

memory.thumb.png.8a4f46ee39b6a70a542f22124b7acb5d.pngCPU.thumb.png.7d30d4196a614f92ecea4f70d06543ca.png

36 minutes ago, asheenlevrai said:

obtain the same information on either Windows10

Windows has a native app called Performance Monitor that you can log this info with, check out this articles:

Win10 Performance Monitor

Windows Performance Monitor Tutorial

If you want 'auto' logging, you'll probably need to use Task Scheduler or something else to launch PerfMon at login. There are also 3rd party apps that can do this (see CPUID software or similar) that can be launched at startup. Anything that monitors your system will have some impact on performance, so keep in mind that any measurement will affect your measurement (that applied to any system).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

I tried perfmon in the past but it was mostly unreliable (would stop unexpectedly and wouldn't startup automatically at boot although I set it up to).

I'll look into cpuid.

Other 3rd party recommendations are welcome.

thanks

-a-