PC overhaul with severely restricted budget

I'm planning a massive overhaul on my current machine and I already have a case [cooler master elite 430], a hard drive [toshiba 1 terabyte] and an optical drive. With those costs cut out, what motherboard, processor, video card, power supply, and RAM can i get all for about 300 dollars I'd prefer an intel processor over AMD because Intel doesn't have cooling demands that are as high. Because the costs of the case, hard drive and optical drive are cut out, what all could i get that would be decent for most games? I have a 300-350 dollar budget to work with. i mainly go for pc games when they are games that are exclusive to pc with no console versions. I also want to be able to upgrade as i go along. 

i dont think your going to be fitting a intel cpu and gpu on that budget unless you want a 2 core the best your looking at is a amd apu 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

An i5-4440, anyh 4GB of ram, a 350W PSU, $60 mobo, and if you're lucky a 750 ti

Get an extra $30 if you can and go for something like this:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/31PzD
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/31PzD/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($63.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $388.94
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-28 18:39 EST-0500)

And no, AMD doesn't have cooling problems more than Intel does.

AlwaysFSX i said Intel, not amd. Cooling demands are really high with AMD compared to Intel which is why i'm avoiding it.

An i5-4440, anyh 4GB of ram, a 350W PSU, $60 mobo, and if you're lucky a 750 ti

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($191.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard:  MSI H81M-P33 V2 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory:  A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($32.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $299.95
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-28 18:43 EST-0500)

Unfortunately, no room for even a 750. :(

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

AlwaysFSX i said Intel, not amd. Cooling demands are really high with AMD compared to Intel which is why i'm avoiding it.

With your intel, your demands are completely stock.

With AMD, your demands will again, be stock.

Their demands aren't that high, and the price is under half.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

No they are not. You dont have enough budget for intel to make sense

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

With your intel, your demands are completely stock.

With AMD, your demands will again, be stock.

Their demands aren't that high, and the price is under half.

AMD out of the box runs hotter than Intel does out of the box, meaning higher cooling demands.

I don't know if 300 will cut it good... But I'm being surprised by the suggestions made by other peeps O.o

AMD out of the box runs hotter than Intel does out of the box, meaning higher cooling demands.

You either get an AMD, or you need to save up unfortunately... Your budget is too low to get anything of real gaming worth from the Intel side. The Intel side is gonna cost 190 bucks for a CPU, while AMD can sit at 80 bucks.

Also, AMD doesn't run really run hotter, where did you get your information? It depends on the chips.

Also, the stock cooler will work for the AMD chip, just like the Intel chip.

Add in a case fan, or two, and you're fine.

You can't overclock either of these anyway with the budget we have for cooling.

Also, in respect to Upgradability, the AMD chip is FM2, meaning you can upgrade to a nice APU down the line, it also gets you in the budget of having a GPU instead of just running off of onboard.

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($191.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard:  MSI H81M-P33 V2 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory:  A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($32.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $299.95
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-28 18:43 EST-0500)

Unfortunately, no room for even a 750. :(

I guess not.

But you can do more saving up to get a 750

I guess not.

But you can do more saving up to get a 750

I stick with @AlwaysFSX

AMD is the way to go with a budget like this.

No reason to place 2/3 of your super tight budget into a CPU, that will perform nearly same as a half priced one.

I stick with @AlwaysFSX

AMD is the way to go with a budget like this.

No reason to place 2/3 of your super tight budget into a CPU, that will perform nearly same as a half priced one.

Especially since a decent i3 is twice the price of a 750k and they both do the same job.

And that's where you're wrong! :D

You asked for help, we're trying, but you have to step off bias for a tight budget. If you demand higher end, you need a higher end budget...

Sorry, just trying to help. The AMD chips are amazing for their price currently.

You didn't do your research if you believe that, truly. People have run the X4 940 with the stock cooler and even had a small OC on it. Haswell otherwise runs too hot to OC on the stock cooler.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

You didn't do your research if you believe that, truly. People have run the X4 940 with the stock cooler and even had a small OC on it. Haswell otherwise runs too hot to OC on the stock cooler.

And we thought Ivy was molten. Let's go stick a melting piece of hardware in the cpu! Brilliant Intel, just brilliant.

You asked for help, we're trying, but you have to step off bias for a tight budget. If you demand higher end, you need a higher end budget...

Sorry, just trying to help. The AMD chips are amazing for their price currently.

ok but i'll need a list of what i can get and the prices. i'm not exactly tech savvy which is why i'm on here asking.

ok but i'll need a list of what i can get and the prices. i'm not exactly tech savvy which is why i'm on here asking.

Well... that's why we're posting these kinds of things...

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/31PzD
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker....zD/by_merchant/

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 

Well... that's why we're posting these kinds of things...

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/31PzD
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker....zD/by_merchant/

I need lower-cost DDR3 RAM. 4gb is sufficient

CPU:  AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory:  Kingston Blu 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($39.99 @ Best Buy) 

Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $334.94

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-28 19:33 EST-0500)

Edited: Gave it much more trusted ram, for like 8 bucks more.