pc stuttering with usb sound

TheJ

i just dont know what it is, nor how to fix it, but usually every time i enter a game and sometimes on desktop, my pc randomly starts to lag and the mouse stutters, and then it frozes and then the screen just turns black. it repeats this process for 4 minutes along with a usb unplug/insert sound (usually when the black screen comes on and off). after that it stays fine for just a while. and just when i dont expect it, it does it again, i feel like smashing my computer right now.

any clue what this thing is???

and how to fix it possibly???

I got guesses only.

Could be some software thing with that mouse brand, could be a power issue.  Given the 4 minute thing possibly even having nothing to do with your computer, but instead some high draw device on the same circuit. Is the mouse by any chance Logitech?  They used to use a software app rather than the generic driver and it tended to cause problems.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I got guesses only.

Could be some software thing with that mouse brand, could be a power issue.  Given the 4 minute thing possibly even having nothing to do with your computer, but instead some high draw device on the same circuit. Is the mouse by any chance Logitech?  They used to use a software app rather than the generic driver and it tended to cause problems.

the mouse i dont know which kind it is but it was with the pc when i got it, something like a HID compliant mouse from microsoft

ok i THINK i have fixed it, it has stopped after i turned off freesync

2 minutes ago, RookieAtPcBuilding said:

ok i THINK i have fixed it, it has stopped after i turned off freesync

So some sort of incompatibility.  Sucks to have to turn off synch. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

So some sort of incompatibility.  Sucks to have to turn off synch. 

either that or just something with freesync being broken, as it says this is one of the known problems that haven't been fixed.