GPU AND PSU COMPATIBILITY

lenovouser

HI GUYS, I HAVE HERE MY LENOVO THINKCENTRE M700 TOWER (I5-6500, 8GB DDR4, 250WATTS 80+ BRONZE PSU) IVE BEEN PLANNING ON UPGRADING BY INSTALLING A NEW GPU WHICH IS THE GTX 1050TI, BUT SINCE ITS MY FIRST TIME HAVING AN OWN PC I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IW WILL WORK SAFELY AND SMOOTHLY WITH THE PSU THAT I HAVE. AND I AM ALSO THINKING IF A CAN UNMOUNT THE PRE INSTALLED DVD DRIVE TO SAVE POWER FOR THE GTX 1050TI.

Might work, would probably look at getting a different PSU too though. As for the DVD thing, won't really help anything, it's not really drawing anything unless you are using it so don't bother removing it, just don't use it if you are worried.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Wattage wise 

Your good. Clearness wise. It depends on what 1050ti your getting.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, lenovouser said:

can you recommend what specific type of 1050ti should i get?

Any 1050ti really should fit. 

Especially if you got rid of the 5.25" DVD.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Any 1050ti really should fit. 

Especially if you got rid of the 5.25" DVD.

thanks a lot

3 hours ago, NZgamer said:

I'd recommend upgrading the PSU as it's recommended that you have at least 300-350 Watts for that card. Also, please don't use all caps, it makes it harder to read

thanks a lot. very sorry for the caps

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Might work, would probably look at getting a different PSU too though. As for the DVD thing, won't really help anything, it's not really drawing anything unless you are using it so don't bother removing it, just don't use it if you are worried.

thanks a lot :)

• 1 year later...

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THE Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 WILL WORK WITH THE RX 470.