random GPU death?

Ozz

Ryzen 5 2600 no OC, 32gb Corsair Vengeance 3200 @ 2800 for stability, ASRock B450m Steel Legend, PowerColor RX 5700 no OC

had video signal. things were great. never overclocked, never overheated, always forced fans to go because i HATE zero DB mode. I keep my stuff as cool as possible. So I go away for about 4 or 5 minutes, long enough for the dumb windows power saver thign to have turned the screen off. i shake the mouse to turn the screen back on, and nothing. no signal. turning monitor on and off does nothing, monitor tested on other PC and works fine. tried every port on the GPU, no signal. i know the PC itself boots up, because I hear it loading into windows every time, but no post screen, because no video signal. this seems to be a fairly serious issue to me, and I have no idea how to fix it. did my GPU randomly die? or is there some weird thing I need to do to get it to come back on? I've removed it, cleaned it, and reseated it in its slot. still nothing. what's the deal?

18 minutes ago, Ozz said:

Ryzen 5 2600 no OC, 32gb Corsair Vengeance 3200 @ 2800 for stability, ASRock B450m Steel Legend, PowerColor RX 5700 no OC

had video signal. things were great. never overclocked, never overheated, always forced fans to go because i HATE zero DB mode. I keep my stuff as cool as possible. So I go away for about 4 or 5 minutes, long enough for the dumb windows power saver thign to have turned the screen off. i shake the mouse to turn the screen back on, and nothing. no signal. turning monitor on and off does nothing, monitor tested on other PC and works fine. tried every port on the GPU, no signal. i know the PC itself boots up, because I hear it loading into windows every time, but no post screen, because no video signal. this seems to be a fairly serious issue to me, and I have no idea how to fix it. did my GPU randomly die? or is there some weird thing I need to do to get it to come back on? I've removed it, cleaned it, and reseated it in its slot. still nothing. what's the deal?

try clearing cmos

8 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

try clearing cmos

Wouldn't I need a video signal for that? I've never done that before. 

4 minutes ago, Ozz said:

So everything was fine and you left your pc for a couple minutes and came back to a black screen (monitor powersave) moved the mouse and it wasn't responding and since then you have tried rebooting and you still don't get a signal? Does the gpus fans turn on?

7 minutes ago, Ozz said:

no signal needed, you just power off your psu, and remove the cr 2032 battery (looks like a nickel) for a minute or two, ten minutes if you want to be sure, and it will clear all bios settings back to original. the hope is that one of your bios settings is causing the issue. it's likely not your issue, but it is usually one of the first steps to get out of the way.

Asus-Prime-X570-Pro-CMOS-battery.jpg

24 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

So everything was fine and you left your pc for a couple minutes and came back to a black screen (monitor powersave) moved the mouse and it wasn't responding and since then you have tried rebooting and you still don't get a signal? Does the gpus fans turn on?

The GPU fans don't turn on because of the stupid zero DB mode that is forced by default. I normally go into Adrenaline and force my fan curve to Jumpstart the fans. And yes I have tried multiple rebooting. No signal but I do hear it going into windows through my speakers. 

25 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

no signal needed, you just power off your psu, and remove the cr 2032 battery (looks like a nickel) for a minute or two, ten minutes if you want to be sure, and it will clear all bios settings back to original. the hope is that one of your bios settings is causing the issue. it's likely not your issue, but it is usually one of the first steps to get out of the way.

Asus-Prime-X570-Pro-CMOS-battery.jpg

That sounds simple enough. I will give that a try tomorrow. But I also agree that it probably isn't my issue. But it's easy enough to check and if some reason that fixes everything, hey rock on!