Noctua Help

Malerax

Hi,

I want to buy the NH-U12S chromax, and equip it with 2 fans and its heatsink covers for the best appearance possible. But I also had in mind the NH-U14S for it's superior performance. The NH-U14S unfortunately doesn't come in Chromax, or have the same accessories as the NH-U12S (Heatsink covers). 

SO

My question is, if I buy the NH-U14S, AND the chromax heatsink cover designed for the NH-U12S, will it fit in the NH-U14S version? I ask this purely as the colour of non-chromax noctua coolers is just awful. SO, if I were to get the NH-U14S, I would equip it with 2 chromax black Noctua fans, and HOPEFULLY, if anybody knows if it will work, also the NH-U12S's chromax heatsink cover.

Basically, I want to get the NH-U14S, and Hopefully, if it fits, apply the NH-U12S's Chromax accessories (chromax heatsink cover) to put on the Nh-U14S, to hide the awful non-chromax appearance, I just want to know if that will fit.

I hope this made sense...

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Noctua sells an NH-U12S Chromax.

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-U12S-chromax-Black-Single-Tower-Cooler/dp/B07Y88BNYZ

The price should be about $70 but there are supply problems at the moment.

Yes, I know they sell the 12 in chromax, but not the 14, I want to get the 14 and hopefully use the 12's accessories on it to hide the fact the 14 is not chromax

Noctua has 6 different heatsink covers. NH-U12S heatsink covers(NA-HC1/2) will not fit on the NH-U14S, but NA-HC5 and NA-HC6 heatsink covers will fit on them. You can find more information here: https://noctua.at/en/products/accessories/heatsink-covers

The best solution will be getting a NH-U14S, NA-HC5/6 heatsink cover and NF-A14 or NF-15 fans with chromax, if you really like the aesthetics and great cooing performance.

You can get information about fans here on 140mm section: https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/chromax

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X - GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA - Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I - Ram: Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz - CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S - PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum - SSDs: WD Black SN750 500GB w/ EKWB Heatsink - Case: FormD T1

Laptop: 2020 M1 Macbook Air 8/256

Just keep in mind that U14S heatsink is already 165mm tall. With cover it goes to 173mm. Most cases don't fit something this tall.

I would almost recommend going to be Quiet! instead. The difference between them and Noctua in every way is very minimal. DRP4 is actually considered better than D15.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv