Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whateverchan

Almost done with my build. Anything else?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I think I'm pretty much nearly done. All that's left is screwing the PSU in place and putting the case covers back in. Hope the wires won't get in the way.

 

Do I need anything else?

https://i.ibb.co/QkhJhRq/20200707-210625.jpg

 

I'm also thinking of putting a piece of tape underneath to keep the cables in place and not sticking out. Is that okay? Any issue?

https://i.ibb.co/6wYSLvJ/20200707-210702.jpg

 

Here's the back. I tried my best to organize those cables. I don't wanna bother with those zip ties if I don't have to. But I do have two straps, easier to use.

https://i.ibb.co/hDqwBJT/20200707-210722.jpg

 

Any issue with those wires touching the back of the board?

Also, my case doesn't have a top cover, for some reason. Can I just put piece of paper there to prevent dust? I don't have top case fans, anyway.

https://i.ibb.co/XX5NQjZ/20200707-210736.jpg

 

Can I just plug the power cable in and see if it works or not? Or do I have to connect it to a monitor first? Those case fans aren't firm, so I'm kinda worried. Hope nothing else goes wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whateverchan said:

I think I'm pretty much nearly done. All that's left is screwing the PSU in place and putting the case covers back in. Hope the wires won't get in the way.

 

Do I need anything else?

https://i.ibb.co/QkhJhRq/20200707-210625.jpg

 

I'm also thinking of putting a piece of tape underneath to keep the cables in place and not sticking out. Is that okay? Any issue?

https://i.ibb.co/6wYSLvJ/20200707-210702.jpg

 

Here's the back. I tried my best to organize those cables. I don't wanna bother with those zip ties if I don't have to. But I do have two straps, easier to use.

https://i.ibb.co/hDqwBJT/20200707-210722.jpg

 

Any issue with those wires touching the back of the board?

Also, my case doesn't have a top cover, for some reason. Can I just put piece of paper there to prevent dust? I don't have top case fans, anyway.

https://i.ibb.co/XX5NQjZ/20200707-210736.jpg

 

Can I just plug the power cable in and see if it works or not? Or do I have to connect it to a monitor first? Those case fans aren't firm, so I'm kinda worried. Hope nothing else goes wrong.

are those links of images? please attatch them to your thread, any link other than a PCP or amazon link is sketchy


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whateverchan said:

I think I'm pretty much nearly done. All that's left is screwing the PSU in place and putting the case covers back in. Hope the wires won't get in the way.

 

Do I need anything else?

https://i.ibb.co/QkhJhRq/20200707-210625.jpg

 

I'm also thinking of putting a piece of tape underneath to keep the cables in place and not sticking out. Is that okay? Any issue?

https://i.ibb.co/6wYSLvJ/20200707-210702.jpg

 

Here's the back. I tried my best to organize those cables. I don't wanna bother with those zip ties if I don't have to. But I do have two straps, easier to use.

https://i.ibb.co/hDqwBJT/20200707-210722.jpg

 

Any issue with those wires touching the back of the board?

Also, my case doesn't have a top cover, for some reason. Can I just put piece of paper there to prevent dust? I don't have top case fans, anyway.

https://i.ibb.co/XX5NQjZ/20200707-210736.jpg

 

Can I just plug the power cable in and see if it works or not? Or do I have to connect it to a monitor first? Those case fans aren't firm, so I'm kinda worried. Hope nothing else goes wrong.

Looks good to me. No need to tape the cables or anything, that's normal. You do better cable management than me. The top doesn't really matter perhaps ask the company for a filter to slap on there, no need for cardboard. Plug it in and tell me if it works! :)


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PoopThatTookAPee said:

are those links of images? please attatch them to your thread, any link other than a PCP or amazon link is sketchy

It's an imgbb link a tinyhost for images it's fine I know the URL myself.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Looks good to me. No need to tape the cables or anything, that's normal. You do better cable management than me. The top doesn't really matter perhaps ask the company for a filter to slap on there, no need for cardboard. Plug it in and tell me if it works! :)

 

Thanks! I'm not sure if the company will be that generous, lol. I want to tape the GPU cables because I'm gonna put some decorations inside the case, so I want less cables sticking out as possible. :P Just plug the power cable in?

8 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

are those links of images? please attatch them to your thread, any link other than a PCP or amazon link is sketchy

Yes, they are. I swear they don't have virus or anything, lol. I use links so it's easier and faster for the page to load.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whateverchan said:

 

Thanks! I'm not sure if the company will be that generous, lol. I want to tape the GPU cables because I'm gonna put some decorations inside the case, so I want less cables sticking out as possible. :P

I'm waiting in suspense here, are you gonna plug it in and see if it works?


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

 

Spoiler

 †  

 

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

 

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

 

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

 

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

 

 CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

I'm waiting in suspense here, are you gonna plug it in and see if it works?

Bad news: it didn't work. No power light, no fans, nothing. Not a single noise. 

Even tried pressing the power button on the case. Nothing. Uh oh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whateverchan said:

Bad news: it didn't work. No power light, no fans, nothing. Not a single noise. 

Even tried pressing the power button on the case. Nothing. Uh oh.

Did you flip on the power switch on the back of the power supply?


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Did you flip on the power switch on the back of the power supply?

Of course, lol. XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whateverchan said:

Of course, lol. XD

Okay. Follow this:

 

The machine doesn't do anything. No beeps, LEDs or spinning fans.

  1. Check if your power cable is firmly plugged in on both ends (you would be surprised how many issues this resolves)
  2. Check if the power supply (PSU) has a button to cut the power to the machine. Check if this button is in the position denoted with ON or I
  3. Check if EVERY power cable is plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  4. Check if the power button is installed correctly (consult your motherboard manual)
  5. Try shorting out the pins you connect the power button to manually. If this powers on your system, you have a faulty power button.
  6. Check with a device of which you know that it works if the power outlet you're using is actually providing power.

If this hasn't solved the problem, check if your PSU isn't dead. To do this, you can follow these steps:

  1. Unplug your power cord and/or flip the switch on the back of the PSU in the position denoted with OFF or 0
  2. Unplug every connector coming from your PSU (this is very important)
  3. Using a bent paperclip, short out the green wire on the 24 pin header with any of the black wires, like so.
  4. If you have a PSU that shuts down its fan under low load, or a PSU that is fanless, connect something small like a hard drive to it.
  5. Plug in your power cord and/or flip the switch on the back of the PSU in the position denoted with ON or I

If the PSU does NOT power on (the fan/hard drive you connected should start spinning) after following these steps, your PSU is in all likelyhood defective. Request an RMA.

If the PSU DOES power on, then the problem is most likely your motherboard.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whateverchan said:

Of course, lol. XD

To add onto that, I checked the pictures again and it looks like you are using a modular PSU. Make sure that all of the modular cables are firmly plugged in, both to the PSU and to the motherboard.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

@BlueScope819

It works now! https://ibb.co/Jq22K1M

 

Not sure what the reason is, but I flip the power switch back and forth while pressing down the power button, and now it's on. XD

 

I have some concerns, though. 

- Why is the Cpu cooler's light not on? Is it supposed to be on by default or until I use a software?

- I thought that Msi logo on the top left was supposed to light up?

- Ram sticks are also not on either. What's wrong?

- GPU's fans are not running.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Whateverchan said:

@BlueScope819

It works now! https://ibb.co/Jq22K1M

 

Not sure what the reason is, but I flip the power switch back and forth while pressing down the power button, and now it's on. XD

 

I have some concerns, though. 

- Why is the Cpu cooler's light not on? Is it supposed to be on by default or until I use a software?

- I thought that Msi logo on the top left was supposed to light up?

- Ram sticks are also not on either. What's wrong?

- GPU's fans are not running.

Well done. Sorry I did not see that you tagged me there until now. All of the control stuff for RGB is done though software, so download MSI Mystic light to control all that stuff. Each company has their own RGB control software. The GPU fans don't turn on unless the GPU is doing something, to reduce noise.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Well done. Sorry I did not see that you tagged me there until now. 

No worry. I edited my post so that's why you didn't get a notification.

GPU fans are running again. I was shocked when my finger touched the fans because I didn't expect it to run. Well, I guess it's nothing to worry about.

I also reinserted my RAM and they are on now. The only thing left that's not lit up is the CPU cooler. I'm gonna try using MSI ML to see if I can get it to work.

 

I'm installing the updates. It's 90% done at this point. I'll post questions if I run into anymore issues. (Hope I don't!)

 

I can't wait to post my rig up tonight!

Thanks for you help! Really appreciated it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whateverchan said:

No worry. I edited my post so that's why you didn't get a notification.

GPU fans are running again. I was shocked when my finger touched the fans because I didn't expect it to run. Well, I guess it's nothing to worry about.

I also reinserted my RAM and they are on now. The only thing left that's not lit up is the CPU cooler. I'm gonna try using MSI ML to see if I can get it to work.

 

I'm installing the updates. It's 90% done at this point. I'll post questions if I run into anymore issues. (Hope I don't!)

 

I can't wait to post my rig up tonight!

Thanks for you help! Really appreciated it!

Yeah, no problem. Welcome to the PC Master Race ;)


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×