Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItsSticKeh

RGB Fans Compatibility

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming

Other details 

Hello, I have the Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler and the Corsair LL120RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack in this case -> Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

The case has a built in smart hub for RGB lighting, but I watched a video that said I need the Corsair Commander Pro and the RGB Hub Extensions for my Corsair RGB case fans, do i need these? Will my case's smart hub work with both RGB fans? Does it have enough slots? etc...

I'm very new to RGB and need help, thank you

If yo need more info feel free to ask me :)

So Lian-li case, cooler master AIO, and Corsair fans.  Did the case come with any fans as well?  Apparently it sometimes does and sometimes doesn’t.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So Lian-li case, cooler master AIO, and Corsair fans.  Did the case come with any fans as well?  Apparently it sometimes does and sometimes doesn’t.

Yeah, I think it doesn't come with any fans, which is a main complaint of consumer's as you either have to buy like 6 fans or do water cooling, I may need to buy another 3 case fans.

24 minutes ago, ItsSticKeh said:

Yeah, I think it doesn't come with any fans, which is a main complaint of consumer's as you either have to buy like 6 fans or do water cooling, I may need to buy another 3 case fans.

I did a bit of reading and the Corsair commander pro controller is compatible with iCUE as are those fans.  I couldn’t tell if the fans themselves were considered compatible with commander pro or not though.  the manufacturers have taken to proprietary connectors for their rgb stuff, and I can’t tell myself if what you have will work with each other or not.

Hilarious they’re sold in odd number packs.  One generally needs an even number of fans to balance airflow.  Very “marketing forward”  Bright side is you probably won’t need 6.  Your AIO will take up 2 fan slots to start with.  Changing models of fans on radiators is fraught  with complication.  Not infrequently the fans and the radiator are balanced for each other.  I can’t tell if that AIO pump will even talk to iCUE or not.  My suspicion is “not” just based on recent manufacturer behavior.  I don’t know though.  The only thing I know about iCUE is that it’s supposed to be pretty feature rich, and at one point it had a reputation for being buggy.  I’m sort of the opposite of an rgb guru though.  I’m more like a crazed villager out of Monty python who screams and throws dead animals at passing rgb.

There are people around who will know more.  @LogicalDrm would be one good bet.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.