Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ragbond

First Time PC - GIVE ME OPINIONS

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): around $700 (include peripherals)

Country: US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, Minecraft, Schoolwork

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WILL BE A GOOD BUILD FOR ITS PRICE AND IF THESE PARTS WORK WELL TOGETHER

 

I want to be able to play Fortnite and Minecraft at 1080p at least 100 fps.

 

CPU: i3 9100f

 

MOBO: MSI B365M PRO0VDH Micro ATX LGA1151

 

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL19 Memory

 

STORAGE: Silicon Power A60 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

 

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8 GB GT OC Video Card

 

CASE: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case

 

PSU: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

 

MONITOR: Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor

 

KEYBOARD: RedDragon K552

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Can someone please recommend to me a 144hz monitor that is around 100 dollars?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ROCKETF1 said:

Not an expert but think too much psu how many watts will that sys draw?

around 400 I need a rather cheap psu. Do you know any that are less than 100 dollars?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ragbond said:

Can someone please recommend to me a 144hz monitor that is around 100 dollars?

The cheapest new 144hz monitor on the market right now is this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078P2XN9M?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1 , the Viotek GN24CB. Haven't personally tried it but it has good reviews. It's 24", curved, 144hz, 1080p, and $149.99. If you need something cheaper then that I would recommend looking into used options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, TrigrH said:

try closer to 200 and this build is trash :P 

dude, this is my first time. can you please give me some better feedback

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are none.


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, ROCKETF1 said:

There are many. just search around 60usd easy. sorry I hit enter by acc.

wait what do you mean

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tdp of chips is so much lower than the old day, by which I mean I built my first around the time you were born. yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ragbond said:

Can someone please recommend to me a 144hz monitor that is around 100 dollars?

I'm pretty sure CRTs got pretty close to 144hz, you might be able to find one for about $100.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ROCKETF1 said:

The tdp of chips is so much lower than the old day, by which I mean I built my first around the time you were born. yeah

can you give me like a 50 dollar 450 watt psu

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ragbond said:

Budget (including currency): around $700 (include peripherals)

Country: US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, Minecraft, Schoolwork

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WILL BE A GOOD BUILD FOR ITS PRICE AND IF THESE PARTS WORK WELL TOGETHER

 

I want to be able to play Fortnite and Minecraft at 1080p at least 100 fps.

 

CPU: i3 9100f

 

MOBO: MSI B365M PRO0VDH Micro ATX LGA1151

 

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL19 Memory

 

STORAGE: Silicon Power A60 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

 

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8 GB GT OC Video Card

 

CASE: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case

 

PSU: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

 

MONITOR: Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor

 

KEYBOARD: RedDragon K552

That's really not a good build. Using a last gen CPU, a graphics card that was outdated when it came out... this is much better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XBd96R

 


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Can someone please recommend me a good 50 dollar psu that is 550 watts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are none that are worth your money. What parts? Likely you don't even need 550w.


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ragbond said:

can you give me like a 50 dollar 450 watt psu

The psu is the one part you CAN NOT cheap out on. If you get a bad psu, it could break and fry the entire system.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

That's really not a good build. Using a last gen CPU, a graphics card that was outdated when it came out... this is much better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XBd96R

 

I am trying to stay under 600 dollars and want an intel processor and decent gpu. Is there any good builds you know of that are like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ragbond said:

I am trying to stay under 600 dollars and want an intel processor and decent gpu. Is there any good builds you know of that are like that?

Why intel? AMD has much better processors in the price range you are looking at.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites

-Merged-

 

Try to stick to one thread


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites

That said parts today are more like the philharmonic less like ZZ top. So you got to match them to your work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×