Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gustavo Dutra

Microphone not working

Found the problem in windows menu selecting the privacy and then microphone theres an option called let the desktop apps use your microphone and that was turned off.....

Posted · Original PosterOP

Out of nowhere my mic doesnt work. I even bought a new headset and still the mic doesnt work. Neither on steam or discord.

You guys have any ideas ? At least i can listen....

If i put in windows for me to listen myself it works, but only if i enable that...

Check and see that Windows hasn't changed, or disabled your default input device to something that it shouldn't be

start menu - "sound settings" - input

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  Intel  i7-4790k | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: MSI Z97-G45 | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Crucial MX200 (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Is the mic properly set up in the recording devices in the windows sound settings?

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

image.thumb.png.107a99cedaf34f9f5d0ab096d709fb49.png

4 minutes ago, Semper said:

Check and see that Windows hasn't changed, or disabled your default input device to something that it shouldn't be

start menu - "sound settings" - input

Theres no sound settings in my windows menu. And its windows 10 but if you mean this here i have already checked...

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Is the mic properly set up in the recording devices in the windows sound settings?

Yes...

4 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

Yes...

Have you checked for any driver updates? 

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

Have you checked for any driver updates? 

I have just installed one right now, but nothing. Its something very deep. i have already tested all the basic stuff. What would be the worst case scenario you guys could think ?

Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer

Found the problem in windows menu selecting the privacy and then microphone theres an option called let the desktop apps use your microphone and that was turned off.....