Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cubed311

RAM/Mobo Issue

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey y'all, I made this account because if a recent problem that's popped up.

When I'm using my PC after a few minutes, it would freeze up and reboot, but when windows is loading, it freezes. I know the problem has to do with the RAM because I've been running it single channel for a day now and nothing has gone wrong. I've updated to the latest BIOS, Windows, and Graphics Drivers. I've already tried out each of the RAM sticks too so I know they're not fried, Cleared CMOS, unplugged and out back in the CMOS battery, reseated CPU, and PSU cables.

 

SPECS:

Ryzen 5 1600

RX 5700

16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz (2x8 but works with only using one stick)

MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC running BIOS version 7A40vAC

Integra sfx 450w PSU

Windows 10 64-bit

 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cubed311 said:

Hey y'all, I made this account because if a recent problem that's popped up.

When I'm using my PC after a few minutes, it would freeze up and reboot, but when windows is loading, it freezes. I know the problem has to do with the RAM because I've been running it single channel for a day now and nothing has gone wrong. I've updated to the latest BIOS, Windows, and Graphics Drivers. I've already tried out each of the RAM sticks too so I know they're not fried, Cleared CMOS, unplugged and out back in the CMOS battery, reseated CPU, and PSU cables.

 

SPECS:

Ryzen 5 1600

RX 5700

16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz (2x8 but works with only using one stick)

MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC running BIOS version 7A40vAC

Integra sfx 450w PSU

Windows 10 64-bit

 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

🤔 Well, with everything you've tried, it can't be anything else but either the power supply itself or a faulty motherboard. I wouldn't be surprised if the former is the issue considering that you have nowhere near the "recommended" wattage for your GPU which is 600w. The fact that your power supply has no over current and over heat protection just makes it even more likely. These are two of the most basic protections any decent power supply should have so I would just replace it with no less than an 80 plus gold rated PSU that is closer to meeting or exceeding the "recommended" amount and see if that works. The power supply you pick should have all these protections at a minimum:

 

OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, OTP


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 Well, with everything you've tried, it can't be anything else but either the power supply itself or a faulty motherboard. I wouldn't be surprised if the former is the issue considering that you have nowhere near the "recommended" wattage for your GPU which is 600w. The fact that your power supply has no over current and over heat protection just makes it even more likely. These are two of the most basic protections any decent power supply should have so I would just replace it with no less than an 80 plus gold rated PSU that is closer to meeting or exceeding the "recommended" amount and see if that works. The power supply you pick should have all these protections at a minimum:

 

OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, OTP

Well I've been running the PSU without a hitch for a while before the issue was brought up. If it really is the PSU I'll just get a new one after the PSU shortage ends, thanks dude :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cubed311 said:

Well I've been running the PSU without a hitch for a while before the issue was brought up. If it really is the PSU I'll just get a new one after the PSU shortage ends, thanks dude :)

No problem 🙂


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×