RAM/Mobo Issue

Cubed311

Hey y'all, I made this account because if a recent problem that's popped up.

When I'm using my PC after a few minutes, it would freeze up and reboot, but when windows is loading, it freezes. I know the problem has to do with the RAM because I've been running it single channel for a day now and nothing has gone wrong. I've updated to the latest BIOS, Windows, and Graphics Drivers. I've already tried out each of the RAM sticks too so I know they're not fried, Cleared CMOS, unplugged and out back in the CMOS battery, reseated CPU, and PSU cables.

SPECS:

Ryzen 5 1600

RX 5700

16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz (2x8 but works with only using one stick)

MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC running BIOS version 7A40vAC

Integra sfx 450w PSU

Windows 10 64-bit

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

24 minutes ago, Cubed311 said:

Hey y'all, I made this account because if a recent problem that's popped up.

When I'm using my PC after a few minutes, it would freeze up and reboot, but when windows is loading, it freezes. I know the problem has to do with the RAM because I've been running it single channel for a day now and nothing has gone wrong. I've updated to the latest BIOS, Windows, and Graphics Drivers. I've already tried out each of the RAM sticks too so I know they're not fried, Cleared CMOS, unplugged and out back in the CMOS battery, reseated CPU, and PSU cables.

SPECS:

Ryzen 5 1600

RX 5700

16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz (2x8 but works with only using one stick)

MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC running BIOS version 7A40vAC

Integra sfx 450w PSU

Windows 10 64-bit

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

🤔 Well, with everything you've tried, it can't be anything else but either the power supply itself or a faulty motherboard. I wouldn't be surprised if the former is the issue considering that you have nowhere near the "recommended" wattage for your GPU which is 600w. The fact that your power supply has no over current and over heat protection just makes it even more likely. These are two of the most basic protections any decent power supply should have so I would just replace it with no less than an 80 plus gold rated PSU that is closer to meeting or exceeding the "recommended" amount and see if that works. The power supply you pick should have all these protections at a minimum:

OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, OTP

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

13 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 Well, with everything you've tried, it can't be anything else but either the power supply itself or a faulty motherboard. I wouldn't be surprised if the former is the issue considering that you have nowhere near the "recommended" wattage for your GPU which is 600w. The fact that your power supply has no over current and over heat protection just makes it even more likely. These are two of the most basic protections any decent power supply should have so I would just replace it with no less than an 80 plus gold rated PSU that is closer to meeting or exceeding the "recommended" amount and see if that works. The power supply you pick should have all these protections at a minimum:

OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, OTP

Well I've been running the PSU without a hitch for a while before the issue was brought up. If it really is the PSU I'll just get a new one after the PSU shortage ends, thanks dude :)

6 minutes ago, Cubed311 said:

Well I've been running the PSU without a hitch for a while before the issue was brought up. If it really is the PSU I'll just get a new one after the PSU shortage ends, thanks dude :)

No problem 🙂

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10