Manjaro installation problem

I have tried now a long time to install Manjaro KDE on my desktop. I realized two things:

1) USB 2.0 doesn't work but USB 3.0 does.

2) SATA partly works, it finds the drives but it doesn't want to install to them.

I know that the drives works becouse I installed Manjaro on them on an other computer. After I got Manjaro installed on a drive, I moved the drive to my desktop and it didn't work anymore. The desktop works because Windows works without a problem. I also tried to install Kali on the computer but it didn't work either.

IMG_20200707_221209.jpg

Are you running the installation in UEFI or legacy? To check you can run

ls /sys/firmware/efi

From a terminal in the installer. If the directory does not exist, it is Legacy and if it does exist and has stuff in it, it is UEFI. 

If you are runnijg the installer in Legacy, try UEFI and vice-versa.

Also make sure that the correct drive is selected for the installer.

One my friend told me to try to disable fastboot from Windows (I have windows on a second drive). It worked but it got stuck at installing Bootloader (93%)

My Windows installation is in Legacy and my motherboard is in UEFI + Legacy

2 minutes ago, Mr. Veink said:

My Windows installation is in Legacy and my motherboard is in UEFI + Legacy

Then try running the installer in legacy from the boot Options. If you are dual-booting, both must be in legacy I believe (not sure tough). If running the installer in legacy via the boot Options does not work for you, try a BIOS update.

Another thing that you can try if you keep having issues with partitioning stage of the installer is to partition the disk in advance (the install media should have a partitioning tool) and then once you have made the partitions install to them rather than creating new ones during the installation process.