(Possible) Pure Rock replacement...?

Eighjan

Hi.

While I admit that I'm dragging my rear over swapping out my case from a P280 to a Meshify C, I want to field opinion on a 'next step' should I need to take it.

That would be replacing the Pure Rock that's on cooling detail for my R5 3600.

IF... the new case doesn't quite give me the extra cooling the better airflow should do, would I be better off with:

1. Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black ( I like black), or

2. be quiet! Dark Rock 4...?

To reiterate; not buying 'this second'... so please bear that in mind.

Thanks, in advance.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Both great choices that will be perfectly fine for your CPU. In cooling the Dark Rock will have a slight edge, but i don't think either will perform much worse than the other because of your low-power CPU. I prefer the look of the NH-U12S chromax though.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Both are solid options.

I'd probably go with the U12S personally since it looks a little slimmer/less bulky and cleaner imo, performance wise though they're neck in neck so that's a nonfactor really.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

@Mateyyy, @Stahlmann98

Thanks, both...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

Reviving this, for a while... how does a Dark Rock Pro 3 fare against the original candidates, aside from more expensive?

Getting difficult to nail down stock of anything, recently so maximising options is 'a thing'...

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

Reviving this, for a while... how does a Dark Rock Pro 3 fare against the original candidates, aside from more expensive?

Getting difficult to nail down stock of anything, recently so maximising options is 'a thing'...

Do you need a new cooler? 3600 is quite easy to cool.

1 minute ago, Jeppes said:

Do you need a new cooler? 3600 is quite easy to cool.

Keeping my options open, in case increased airflow of Meshify C vs Antec P280 doesn't quite cut it...

WHY NOT...?!