Need Urgent Help On A Build

Hi everyone,

I have been given the opportunity to come up with a build for a budget that's around £600-£800 by tomorrow, hence the reason why it's urgent.

After searching through parts and trying different builds, as well as giving it some thought, it's become clear that going for a used system is a lot more cost effective than buying new. With that said, here's the system I am currently leaning towards:

- AMD Ryzen 5 3600

- 2X8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz

- Gigabyte B450M S2H 3200Mhz

- GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC 6gb

- Corsair Carbide Delta Spec with 550W PSU

- A rather generic, but workable 120mm CPU tower cooler

- TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter

- Toshiba OCZ RC500 500Gb SSD (up to 1700Mb/s read, 1650Mb/s write)

- 2TB HDD.

- ViewSonic 23.6" 144Mhz 1ms Curved monitor

Personally, I'd like to upgrade at least the MoBo and the PSU. The MoBo is probably the cheapest B450 one out there, though a few reviews seem to suggest that it's adequate for a system like this. Honestly, I'm looking for assurance that it's not terrible, and is not going create a bottleneck.
As for the PSU, the seller says it came with the case. It has a Corsair logo on it, but I think it's fair to assume that it's a cheap one no one actually wants that they get rid of by bundling it in with the case.

So, is this a decent build for this budget? I can't really swap in parts in this build since it's used, so please don't suggest changing this part or that part with another part.

But feel free to suggest an alternate build within the budget.

The main reason I'm looking into this build is that it comes with a pretty decent monitor. I have another one on offer for the same price (£700, new) with Ryzen 5 3600X and Sapphire Pulse RX5600 XT 6gb, but it comes with no monitor and the storage is rather lacking. Although the RX5600 is significantly better than the GTX1660 Super, the price difference between the two doesn't even compare to the one that I'd need to spend to buy a decent gaming monitor.

Looking forward to your responses.

Budget (including currency): £600-£800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details: 

- AMD Ryzen 5 3600

- TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter

- 2TB HDD.

17 minutes ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Hi everyone,

I have been given the opportunity to come up with a build for a budget that's around £600-£800 by tomorrow, hence the reason why it's urgent.

After searching through parts and trying different builds, as well as giving it some thought, it's become clear that going for a used system is a lot more cost effective than buying new. With that said, here's the system I am currently leaning towards:

- AMD Ryzen 5 3600

- TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter

- 2TB HDD.

Personally, I'd like to upgrade at least the MoBo and the PSU. The MoBo is probably the cheapest B450 one out there, though a few reviews seem to suggest that it's adequate for a system like this. Honestly, I'm looking for assurance that it's not terrible, and is not going create a bottleneck.
As for the PSU, the seller says it came with the case. It has a Corsair logo on it, but I think it's fair to assume that it's a cheap one no one actually wants that they get rid of by bundling it in with the case.

So, is this a decent build for this budget? I can't really swap in parts in this build since it's used, so please don't suggest changing this part or that part with another part.

But feel free to suggest an alternate build within the budget.

The main reason I'm looking into this build is that it comes with a pretty decent monitor. I have another one on offer for the same price (£700, new) with Ryzen 5 3600X and Sapphire Pulse RX5600 XT 6gb, but it comes with no monitor and the storage is rather lacking. Although the RX5600 is significantly better than the GTX1660 Super, the price difference between the two doesn't even compare to the one that I'd need to spend to buy a decent gaming monitor.

Looking forward to your responses.

Budget (including currency): £600-£800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details: 

- AMD Ryzen 5 3600

- TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter

- 2TB HDD.

is wifi a necessity? couldnt you just use ethernet?

by a 120mm cpu tower cooler, is it fan cooling or an aio?

also pls get a better motherboard

😕

6 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

is wifi a necessity? couldnt you just use ethernet?

by a 120mm cpu tower cooler, is it fan cooling or an aio?

also pls get a better motherboard

I'll go one-by-one.

- Yes, it's a necessity. Also, it's like a $5 part, it has no relevance to the cost.

- Tower cooler implies that it's air cooling. There are no tower coolers for liquid cooling.

- Look, I appreciate you replying, but it would help a lot if you actually read my post first.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XNYrFG

i couldnt find turkish pricing so ive listed it in german pricing

sorry if the pricing scheme is off

add a wifi card by cutting down on the motherboard to probably an AsRock B450M Pro4

Edited by PoopThatTookAPee
edit: wifi

😕

1 minute ago, KosmicRavioli said:

I'll go one-by-one.

- Yes.

- Tower cooler implies that it's air cooling. There are no tower coolers for liquid cooling.

- Look, I appreciate you replying, but it would help a lot if you actually read my post first.

lmao chill i was just asking

😕

22 minutes ago, KosmicRavioli said:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

- TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter

- 2TB HDD.

What price is this selling for? 

Seems pretty decent, especially if it's towards the £600 end.

As mentioned above, the Asrock Pro4 would be a good upgrade for about £80.

As for PSU, try and get the seller to send you the exact part, or at least a picture of the label. If it's really bad, maybe ask them to leave out the PSU and give you a £30-40 discount.

If it's a 550W Corsair, chances are its decent, but they do have the odd bad model, so best to check

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

1 minute ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XNYrFG

i couldnt find turkish pricing so ive listed it in german pricing

sorry if the pricing scheme is off

Thank you for your efforts and taking the time. I actually need British pricing as per my original post but it's no issue.

My objections are;

- Your suggested build doesn't include a monitor.

- Ryzen 5 3600 is one of the best value-for-performance CPUs out there. Ryzen 3 3300X on the other hand costs nearly as much as the Ryzen 5 3600, with similar or worse performance.

- I feel like 400W is a bit on the low side for RTX 2060.

But the monitor thing is the big issue really. It makes a big difference in pricing.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, marmour said:

What price is this selling for? 

Seems pretty decent, especially if it's towards the £600 end.

As mentioned above, the Asrock Pro4 would be a good upgrade for about £80.

As for PSU, try and get the seller to send you the exact part, or at least a picture of the label. If it's really bad, maybe ask them to leave out the PSU and give you a £30-40 discount.

If it's a 550W Corsair, chances are its decent, but they do have the odd bad model, so best to check

Price is £700 (inc. a £225 monitor).

Can't change or drop any parts. The sale is as is. The upgrades will need to be done at a later date.
And yeah, it looks like a Corsair logo on the PSU in there. Not that it means much until I can see the actual model number.

I'm not really looking for advice on particular parts to swap, but opinions on the system as a whole. So I'll take your "seems pretty decent" comment as an endorsement. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Price is £700.

Can't change or drop any parts. The sale is as is. The upgrades will need to be done at a later date.
And yeah, it looks like a Corsair logo on the PSU in there. Not that it means much until I can see the actual model number.

I'm not really looking for advice on particular parts to swap, but opinions on the system as a whole. So I'll take your "seems pretty decent" comment as an endorsement. Thanks!

Sounds good. Putting together a similar system would cost you about the same, but you would get a better motherboard and (probably) PSU. However, that wouldn't include a monitor, and that monitors worth at least £150 so, seems like a great deal to me :)

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

13 hours ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Price is £700 (inc. a £175 monitor).

the first upgrade you should probably make down the line, is your PSU. there is a chance theyve put in a lower end corsair VS or CV series PSU, theyre generally bottom of the spectrum.

13 hours ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Thank you for your efforts and taking the time. I actually need British pricing as per my original post but it's no issue.

My objections are;

- Your suggested build doesn't include a monitor.

- Ryzen 5 3600 is one of the best value-for-performance CPUs out there. Ryzen 3 3300X on the other hand costs nearly as much as the Ryzen 5 3600, with similar or worse performance.

- I feel like 400W is a bit on the low side for RTX 2060.

But the monitor thing is the big issue really. It makes a big difference in pricing.

ryzen 3 3300x and ryzen 5 3600 perform almost the same in gaming related tasks, id selected it coz it is relatively cheaper so you could fit in a better GPU in there :)

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mLKXcq

heres a better list in UK pricing, i dont know much about displays so ive put in a random 125 pound monitor, feel free to make changes, sorry its a tad over budget

😕

Just now, PoopThatTookAPee said:

the first upgrade you should probably make down the line, is your PSU. there is a chance theyve put in a lower end corsair VS or CV series PSU, theyre generally bottom of the spectrum.

ryzen 3 3300x and ryzen 5 3600 perform almost the same in gaming related tasks, id selected it coz it is relatively cheaper so you could fit in a better GPU in there :)

heres a better list in UK pricing, i dont know much about displays so ive put in a random 125 pound monitor, feel free to make changes, sorry its a tad over budget

go for the pre built youve listed if this isnt feasible :)

😕

On 7/8/2020 at 6:54 AM, PoopThatTookAPee said:

I've checked the site, for some reason the 3300X is actually £3 more expensive than the 3600. :)

Anyway, I've also checked the pricing for this used system, turns out it's a £1200+ build. The guy only built it in April and has dropped the price all the way down to $580. I know a good deal when I see one, so I'm going with that. :D

Thanks for your suggestions.

7 hours ago, KosmicRavioli said:

I've checked the site, for some reason the 3300X is actually £3 more expensive than the 3600. :)

Anyway, I've also checked the pricing for this used system, turns out it's a £1200+ build. The guy only built it in April and has dropped the price all the way down to $580. I know a good deal when I see one, so I'm going with that. :D

Thanks for your suggestions.

ooh nice

😕