crosshair hero VIII owners,did you updated BIOS?

So guys did you updated BIOS on this MB when purchased,and do I need to do it?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Whether or not you need to update the BIOS comes down to a few things. Is your system unstable? Do you need better memory compatibility? Do you need a new CPU? If you do need a new CPU, which one do you need, and what are you currently using?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

this is an x570 board 

meaning it will support zen 2 out of the box 

how many times will we have to tell you that getting a cheaper b550 board will be more than enough

and that dmi 4 is useless ( even tho b550 does have it )

what is it priced at?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I don't see a reason why not to update it. If your board comes with a very early BIOS revision on it, it'd actually be recommended to update it, since early versions were known to have issues.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Whether or not you need to update the BIOS comes down to a few things. Is your system unstable? Do you need better memory compatibility? Do you need a new CPU? If you do need a new CPU, which one do you need, and what are you currently using?

Ordered the board,it should arrive tommorow,but I need to know if I should update the BIOS,me or local store where purchased cuz of warranty...3900X and Vengeance PRO 3200MHz.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I don't see a reason why not to update it. If your board comes with a very early BIOS revision on it, it'd actually be recommended to update it, since early versions were known to have issues.

aha.

Which is early version of BIOS?You mean one from 2019?

Do I loose warranty flashing BIOS if smth goes wrong? 

18 minutes ago, frozensun said:

aha.

Which is early version of BIOS?You mean one from 2019?

Like summer 2019, when X570 released.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Like 2019 summer, when X570 released.

I just went to the product website,that board has a lot of bios updates...

I can't know if smth will go wrong or not,I need to decide if the guys from local store should flash bios or not,and tell them while the board is in the store.

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

You can do the BIOS update yourself it’s easy and doesn’t void warranty.

I know,but I'm scared if smth goes wrong,cuz don't have backup BIOS chip...

10 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I just went to the product website,that board has a lot of bios updates...

I can't know if smth will go wrong or not,I need to decide if the guys from local store should flash bios or not,and tell them while the board is in the store.

Updating the BIOS is quick and easy to do yourself. 

8 minutes ago, frozensun said:

You'll brick your board with a BIOS update only if you get a blackout right in the middle of flashing it. If you get blackouts all the time and you don't have an UPS then yeah sure, ask the guys at the PC store to do it.

That being said, BIOS flashback does work sometimes to fix corrupt BIOS flashes, so if you mess it up, that's sort of a second chance.

14 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Ordered the board,it should arrive tommorow,but I need to know if I should update the BIOS,

It will say on the box whether it supports third gen or not, you'll find out when you get it.

15 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Do I loose warranty flashing BIOS if smth goes wrong? 

No, just send it in and say it doesn't work with your third gen CPU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

17 minutes ago, frozensun said:

the only way the bios can brick the board if the power goes down

so dont do it during a thinder storm or something.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

the only way the bios can brick the board if the power goes down

so dont do it during a thinder storm or something.

If the board supports flash back you literally can't brick it.

8 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

If the board supports flash back you literally can't brick it.

fair enough but it's still a thing. 

Also why would you flash it under these circumstances?

Edited by TofuHaroto

Build Log: