pc for a friend

his budget is a around 1200 dollars which in my country is not much.

he edits basic videos and usually just plays fortnite and wants 200+ fps on a 1080p 60hz monitor.

he wont be overclocking the cpu or ram and this pc is for at least 6 or 7 years. (yeah i told him its hard to achieve in these days with this budget but ok)

i came up with this build:

ryzen 5 3600

gigabyte b450 gaming x

corsair vengeance 16gb (2x8gb) 3200mmhz cl16

addlink 256gb s70 m.2 ssd

seagate 1tb hdd

rtx 2060 windforce oc - 2 fan version

antec high current gamer gold 650w

antec case dp301 - not sure if this case is good id like to hear suggestions :)

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

I would go with a 5700xt from amd better performance for less 

1 minute ago, HardStroke said:

wants 200+ fps on a 1080p 60hz monitor.

Why? The only thing he is improving is the input lag (and thats by hundredths of a second)

how about a 5600xt instead of the 2060

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

his budget is a around 1200 dollars which in my country is not much.

he edits basic videos and usually just plays fortnite and wants 200+ fps on a 1080p 60hz monitor.

he wont be overclocking the cpu or ram and this pc is for at least 6 or 7 years. (yeah i told him its hard to achieve in these days with this budget but ok)

i came up with this build:

ryzen 5 3600

gigabyte b450 gaming x

corsair vengeance 16gb (2x8gb) 3200mmhz cl16

addlink 256gb s70 m.2 ssd

seagate 1tb hdd

rtx 2060 windforce oc - 2 fan version

antec high current gamer gold 650w

antec case dp301 - not sure if this case is good id like to hear suggestions :)

you can get a better motherboard, something like a b450 tomahawk or a aorus pro

for 1200 dollars, you can probably get the 5700xt for the saem price of a 2060 super. it would be worth the upgrade.

😕

Just now, gloop said:

Why? The only thing he is improving is the input lag (and thats by hundredths of a second)

im sure he is planning a monitor upgrade and he wants it for at least 6 or 7 years.

1 minute ago, tank234 said:

I would go with a 5700xt from and better performance for less

1 minute ago, KGGaming said:

do you know what is the best cooling option for those cards?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Just now, HardStroke said:

What do you mean by this? there are fans on the gpu to help with cooling 

unless you want to go with water cooling on those cards

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

3 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

For the 2060, just get pretty much the cheapest dual fan model you can find, which is usually the MSI Ventus. It's not great but it works on a 2060 considering it doesn't put out a ton of heat.

For the 5600XT, get either a Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Dragon.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

you can get a better motherboard, something like a b450 tomahawk or a aorus pro

believe me, i know and i would love to put a tomahawk in there but its not in stock and i never saw it in this store and its the best store in the country.

i never saw a tomahawk motherboard in my country :( and i know that they are good

not that sure about that aorus one since its more expensive but ill try to talk to him

could get a 550 mag board

2 minutes ago, tank234 said:

What do you mean by this? there are fans on the gpu to help with cooling 

there are multiple cooling versions and i would like to know what is the best

like gigabyte's line has the windforce x2, windforce x3 and the top end aorus, aorus xtreme versions with huge heatsinks 

believe me, i know and i would love to put a tomahawk in there but its not in stock and i never saw it in this store and its the best store in the country.

i never saw a tomahawk motherboard in my country :( and i know that they are good

not that sure about that aorus one since its more expensive but ill try to talk to him

is it an offline store?

have you searched online?

😕

there are multiple cooling versions and i would like to know what is the best

like gigabyte's line has the windforce x2, windforce x3 and the top end aorus, aorus xtreme versions with huge heatsinks 

double or triple fans for that card. Don't know what the price  of those card are in your country  

Just now, PoopThatTookAPee said:

is it an offline store?

have you searched online?

no its a physical store and they have a website.

they update their website as soon as something comes or goes out of stock.

bought an antec hcg gold 850W psu 2 weeks ago and they updated the store the same days with the price and if its in stock.

i looked for an antec hcg gold 750w and i saw that it wasnt on the site so i asked their online support guy and he said it got out of stock the day before.

no its a physical store and they have a website.

they update their website as soon as something comes or goes out of stock.

bought an antec hcg gold 850W psu 2 weeks ago and they updated the store the same days with the price and if its in stock.

i looked for an antec hcg gold 750w and i saw that it wasnt on the site so i asked their online support guy and he said it got out of stock the day before.

oh i see

6 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

from the list i have recommended above, what parts are available what parts arent?

😕

12 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

is it noticeably better then the 2060?

i looked at 5700xt cards but the cheap ones are all blower cards and i dont want to build him a pc that runs like an oven.

Just now, PoopThatTookAPee said:

oh i see

from the list i have recommended above, what parts are available what parts arent?

already checking

is it noticeably better then the 2060?

i looked at 5700xt cards but the cheap ones are all blower cards and i dont want to build him a pc that runs like an oven.

Well why should it matter that your pc is an oven? If you want a great performing pc then it doesnt matter if its a blower card

Just now, KGGaming said:

Well why should it matter that your pc is an oven? If you want a great performing pc then it doesnt matter if its a blower card

dont want it to run very hot and i saw that this 5700xt blower does run hot

Just now, KGGaming said:

but blower cards cool worse than cards with 2 or 3 fans. gigabyte's WF x2 or x3 models are cheap and offer very good cooling performance

😕

1 minute ago, KGGaming said:

i dont want to build him something crappy i want this to be a good reliable pc that runs cool

dont want it to run very hot and i saw that this 5700xt blower does run hot

well if it runs hot just install fan or maybe lower your thermostat, as if you have good headphones the noise will cancel out any heat from your pc

6 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

well if it runs hot just install fan or maybe lower your thermostat, as if you have good headphones the noise will cancel out any heat from your pc

it doesn't work like that dude.

like i said, i rather give him something reliable that runs cool then a stronger card that runs like an oven and just clocks down all of the time to lower the temps.

either get something good or dont get it at all.

i wont just go and buy the cheapest 2080 ti just to say that i have a 2080 ti because the performance will probably not be the same as a mid end/high end card if the cooler cant cool the card, so i rather just get a high end 2080/2080 super - same as my friend's situation.