My sata power cable wont fit

Hi. I recently bought a barracuda 1tb hdd because i needed more space. The problem is that the sata power cable wont fit in the hdd, because of 2 plastic pieces.

Please help :).

107096955_757252601758188_3961845972616459249_n.jpg

107310286_310022537032306_3409983978111543902_n.jpg

107412733_3618944751468492_5648189243565577720_n.jpg

tbh if it was me I would just ghetto rig it by using a knife or a Dremel to take those two notches out 😂
jk jk could you post a photo of what the connector pins look like? you might have the wrong cable 

Edited by BobGibbon
original post was a joke

The notches are suposed to be there

Maybe your using the wrong power cable?

3 minutes ago, BobGibbon said:

tbh if it was me I would just ghetto rig it by using a knife or a Dremel to take those two notches out

God no, why would you ever do that with something you know nothing about. Worst advice ever. 

10 minutes ago, Krilldk said:

Hi. I recently bought a barracuda 1tb hdd because i needed more space. The problem is that the sata power cable wont fit in the hdd, because of 2 plastic peaces.

That for your protection. That Sata Power cable is the wrong type. It only has 12V and not the 5V for the logic board.

2 minutes ago, Dujith said:

God no, why would you ever do that with something you know nothing about. Worst advice ever. 

I guess I just have to many hard drives laying around to care if i dremel one, if its stupid but it works it ain't stupid 😂

7 minutes ago, BobGibbon said:

tbh if it was me I would just ghetto rig it by using a knife or a Dremel to take those two notches out 😂
jk jk could you post a photo of what the connector pins look like? you might have the wrong cable 

I posted a new picture.. Dont mind the dust though

6 minutes ago, valwar said:

The notches are suposed to be there

Maybe your using the wrong power cable?

I don't have the original cable, so i bought one on the internet... That might be the wrong cable? The other part fits in the psu.

15 minutes ago, Krilldk said:

Hi. I recently bought a barracuda 1tb hdd because i needed more space. The problem is that the sata power cable wont fit in the hdd, because of 2 plastic pieces.

Please help :).

107412733_3618944751468492_5648189243565577720_n.jpg

Okay. So that's an adapter cable that converts a SATA power connector from your power supply to a 6pin PCIe connector for a graphics card that you want to ruin.

You need to use the SATA power cable that comes from the power supply to plug in to your HDD and throw the SATA to PCIe adapter cable in the trash where it belongs.

While you've got your system out it might be a good time to dust it as well.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Krilldk said:

The other part fits in the psu.

Nooo no no no no. Don't do that. Do not plug the 6pin part in to the power supply. You might be able to jam it in there but it definitely does not plug in to the power supply!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I posted a new picture.. Dont mind the dust though

to me it looks like you are trying to put two male connectors together, the cable side would need to be a female connection for you to be able to connect it  (photo below)

Inked51fA-LcCP1L._AC_SL1050__LI.jpg

Just now, Spotty said:

Nooo no no no no. Don't do that. Do not plug the 6pin part in to the power supply. You might be able to jam it in there but it definitely does not plug in to the power supply!

i unplugged it..

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Okay. So that's an adapter cable that converts a SATA power connector from your power supply to a 6pin PCIe connector for a graphics card that you want to ruin.

You need to use the SATA power cable that comes from the power supply to plug in to your HDD and throw the SATA to PCIe adapter cable in the trash where it belongs.

While you've got your system out it might be a good time to dust it as well.

1. I do not have the original cables from the powersupply.
2. i will

What power supply do you have?

Just now, Spotty said:

What power supply do you have?

Corsair tx750m

Your power connector looks like an sata power input not supply/output for some reason. 

Corsair tx750m

Ah, should be somewhat easy to find replacement cables for it. Corsair Type 3 peripheral cables will work with the TX750M.

You'll need one like this for the HDDs https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable-with-4-Connectors%2C-Type-3-(700mm)/p/CP-8920116

Do you have the other cables for the graphics card? If not you can buy replacement cables for those as well. Both the Type 3 and Type 4 PCIe cables will work with the TX750M.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Sleeved-Black-PCIe-Pig-Tail-Cable/p/CP-8920114

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Flat-Black-Ribbon-Cable-PCIe-6%2B2-pin%2C-dual-connectors%2C-Compatible-with-all-type-3-pin-out-PSU/p/CP-8920129

Depending where you are you might be able to buy direct from the Corsair website or you might have to check retailers or amazon/ebay for cables, just make sure you get the Type 3/Type 4 cables for Corsair power supplies as you can't mix cables from different PSUs.

40 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Ah, should be somewhat easy to find replacement cables for it. Corsair Type 3 peripheral cables will work with the TX750M.

You'll need one like this for the HDDs https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable-with-4-Connectors%2C-Type-3-(700mm)/p/CP-8920116

Do you have the other cables for the graphics card? If not you can buy replacement cables for those as well. Both the Type 3 and Type 4 PCIe cables will work with the TX750M.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Sleeved-Black-PCIe-Pig-Tail-Cable/p/CP-8920114

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Flat-Black-Ribbon-Cable-PCIe-6%2B2-pin%2C-dual-connectors%2C-Compatible-with-all-type-3-pin-out-PSU/p/CP-8920129

Depending where you are you might be able to buy direct from the Corsair website or you might have to check retailers or amazon/ebay for cables, just make sure you get the Type 3/Type 4 cables for Corsair power supplies as you can't mix cables from different PSUs.

Somehow i found the cable XD Thx for the help ❤️