GTX 1070 Fan Replacement

rpalmz46

Hi,

A couple of the fans on my Gtx 1070 seem to be messing up on me, the one in the back straight up doesn't spin and the front one recently started squealing which alerted me to there being a problem. I was wondering If anyone could help recommend some fan replacement parts for it. I'm also not sure how many pins the fans need on the 1070. I figured I may as well just replace them all.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

26 minutes ago, rpalmz46 said:

Hi,

A couple of the fans on my Gtx 1070 seem to be messing up on me, the one in the back straight up doesn't spin and the front one recently started squealing which alerted me to there being a problem. I was wondering If anyone could help recommend some fan replacement parts for it. I'm also not sure how many pins the fans need on the 1070. I figured I may as well just replace them all.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

you can just buy a 120 or a 140mm normal case fan, strap it onto the gpu with some zip ties and plug the fan into a system fan connector.

or maybe look for fan shroud listings on eaby. maybe someone's card died and he is trying to get some money back by selling the shroud.

or just use your warranty if its still valid

whats the exact 1070 model you have?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

1 minute ago, HardStroke said:

you can just buy a 120 or a 140mm normal case fan, strap it onto the gpu with some zip ties and plug the fan into a system fan connector.

or maybe look for fan shroud listings on eaby. maybe someone's card died and he is trying to get some money back by selling the shroud.

or just use your warranty if its still valid

whats the exact 1070 model you have?

I've got a asus gtx 1070 i found https://www.amazon.ca/Power-Logic-PLD09210S12HH-Graphics-Strix/dp/B079Y3TX4P/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=1070+fan+replacement&qid=1594107580&sr=8-5

It seems like those would fit I just don't know about the pins and also didn't really want to wait until september for them to ship lol. I was planning on buying the new 3080 or 3070 when it gets released in the coming months, just want to make sure my card doesn't die from now until then. The temps are fine as is with two fans and only one of them working decently.