Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clawkikker

2 pc 1 tower

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i watched that 2 pc one tower video again, but wondered because it was made 4 years ago, there might be a way to use same peripherals for both virtual machines? What i also want to do (if even possible) is try to have 1 cpu and 2 graphics cards, but when i am not using the second machine, to allocate the rest of the cpu + have access to the second graphics card as another display output for the system. I also want to watercool/rgb but i dont know if that would be possible because the host system would be a web terminal if i used unraid(unless i can use windows as the host?). I don't know, to be honest, if anything will work, but wanting to use the same peripherals would look a lot better. Also, just wanted to see if i could have separate 10 gig nics because overkill?  

Using peripherals for both? That's how VMs work already. That's the original way to do things. And if you aren't using virtual machine, ofc it uses less resources. Though switching between one and dual GPU setups is probably gonna be more hassle than worth it.

The question is, why you want to do it? What's the goal?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Using peripherals for both? That's how VMs work already. That's the original way to do things. And if you aren't using virtual machine, ofc it uses less resources. Though switching between one and dual GPU setups is probably gonna be more hassle than worth it.

The question is, why you want to do it? What's the goal?

2 pc 1 tower and at least im trying to use the same model of peripherals per machine just so i can take less space for towers because im thinking of using a 3950x, also maybe 1v1 lan games with other people.

21 minutes ago, Clawkikker said:

2 pc 1 tower and at least im trying to use the same model of peripherals per machine just so i can take less space for towers because im thinking of using a 3950x, also maybe 1v1 lan games with other people.

If you want to game on both VMs, why are you asking about using same peripherals? They will be on different USB ports, OS is not that stupid that it would mix two same model ones. Its just that you can't use two of them at the same time since it only sees one input.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, LogicalDrm said:

If you want to game on both VMs, why are you asking about using same peripherals? They will be on different USB ports, OS is not that stupid that it would mix two same model ones. Its just that you can't use two of them at the same time since it only sees one input.

no i mean i want to use unraid vms, but seeing the video again, it said can't use the same peripherals on the vms at the same time, as i am trying to do 1 tower and 2 pc gamers at the same time, but i don't know if it will work.