Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bnk3r

i7-9700k air cooling/new builder (solved)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello im a new builder and want to build my first build for around €2000.

Im thinking about a cooling solution and cant decide between a noctua NH-D15 or a Corsair H150i triple fan rad.

If you guys have any other solutions please let me know also what do you guys find a good case for around €100 with good clearance for the big cooler and wiring.

Sorry for the read and the bad english.

am new to the forum thanks for anyone that responds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

a 9700k is a bad buy


Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

a 9700k is a bad buy

what do you mean?

Why is it bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bnk3r said:

what do you mean?

Why is it bad.

Old, dead socket. A 3rd Gen Ryzen or 10th gen intel would be a much better buy.


5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bnk3r said:

what do you mean?

Why is it bad.

the 3700x/3800x/3700xt are almost as fast for much less and intels new i7-10700K exists


Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, gloop said:

Old, dead socket. A 3rd Gen Ryzen or 10th gen intel would be a much better buy.

sorry its my first build can you maby recommend one to me

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bnk3r said:

sorry its my first build can you maby recommend one to me

 

What's your full budget for the build and country?

 

What will you be using it for?

 

Do you need a monitor or keyboard and mouse?


5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, gloop said:

What's your full budget for the build and country?

 

What will you be using it for?

 

Do you need a monitor or keyboard and mouse?

full budget is around €2000 my build right now is 2300 so theres some leeway and i live in belgium.

 

ill be using it for only gaming and just watching yt.

 

and no already have hi quality stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, gloop said:

What's your full budget for the build and country?

 

What will you be using it for?

 

Do you need a monitor or keyboard and mouse?

image.thumb.png.d4dc82c9bb80e257f494590e0a821cb0.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bnk3r said:

full budget is around €2000 my build right now is 2300 so theres some leeway and i live in belgium.

 

ill be using it for only gaming and just watching yt.

 

and no already have hi quality stuff.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://be.pcpartpicker.com/list/KFsbPn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€303.99 @ Alternate Belgium) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (€89.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€195.00 @ Azerty) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€128.90 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€137.00 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€64.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  (€758.00 @ Azerty) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€87.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€120.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Total: €1886.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-07 00:40 CEST+0200

 

Comes in under budget and will perform great at 1080p and 1440p. If possible, I'd suggest waiting for 4th Gen Ryzen and Ampere.


5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, gloop said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://be.pcpartpicker.com/list/KFsbPn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€303.99 @ Alternate Belgium) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (€89.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€195.00 @ Azerty) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€128.90 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€137.00 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€64.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  (€758.00 @ Azerty) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€87.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€120.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Total: €1886.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-07 00:40 CEST+0200

 

Comes in under budget and will perform great at 1080p and 1440p. If possible, I'd suggest waiting for 4th Gen Ryzen and Ampere.

thx soooo much ill probably wait then again thx.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×