Help me out ! To choose between Amd Ryzen 7 3750h or Intel I5 9300h

Hello there,

I am considering buying a new laptop for virtualisation practices. My current location and budget allows me to choose between 2 laptops : one with an I5 9300h and the other with a ryzen 7 3750h.

Im considering the 9300h since it out performs the 3750h (after checking some benchmark webites) But, since most Intel CPU are vulnerable and security compromised, it's advised to disable some of the Intel CPU features like TSX or Hyper-Threading in order to prevent the Zombieload attack or Meltdown on the I5 9300h CPU.

My question is :

Which CPU should i go for performance and security wise for Virtualisation practices, Home lab and some Programming/Scripting ? And why?

(Sorry for my poor eng)

You have a 1 and 7.5 Billion chance to be cyber attacked. Lol. Just don't piss any one off, you'll  be fine.

Which ever CPU has the most IPC and core/thread count is what you should buy. These security flaws are at the very low end of risk not to buy an Intel cpu.

Ryzen 4th gen has arrived, why not consider it? Same IPC with 9th gen but with more cores.

Get the highest core count for virtualization.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Ryzen 4th gen for laptops, sure. But that's still Zen 2, the actual Ryzen 4th gen OP is talking about is Zen 2+ or whatever they will be calling it.

Zen 3.... not sure. Maybe Zen 2.1 !? Hah!

8 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Ryzen 4th gen has arrived, why not consider it? Same IPC with 9th gen but with more cores.

Get the highest core count for virtualization.

It will takes time to get to my location zone, Also im a bit short in time and budget for the Ryzen 4000 laptops.

Well i think the 3rd gen zen+ laptop is not that good compared to 9th gen especially when intel usually paired with a better nvidia MX or GTX gpu.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w