Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mazunumi

Quick question about cpu temperatures

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I build my first pc this weekend and I just have a question about the temperatures I'm seeing from my cpu. When I'm not using my computer and it is just standing on the desktop with nothing open the temperature will sit between 36 degrees and 47 degrees Celsius, occasionally jumping to the mid 50's or higher, and it is the same if I'm just surfing the internet with a couple of other programs open like discord, file explorer.

I haven't really tested the temperatures in games other than fired up skyrim special edition and played till the point where you customize your character and it seemed to stay stable in that time with the occasionally spikes to the mid 60's.

So my question is, does that sound like some reasonable temperatures or do they seem high? the cpu I'm using is a ryzen 5 3600, with a cooler master  hyper 212 cpu cooler.

Idle temps don't matter as long as load temps are fine. And they are.

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

Your temps look completely normal for your CPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti - RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz cl16 - PSU: Corsair RMx 650W - Storage: 500 GB Samsung Evo 850 2,5" + 2 TB Samsung Evo 860 M.2 - Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 (CPU) + Raijintek Morpheus II (GPU) - Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase H500 - Fans: Noctua 2x NF-A20 (Front), 1x NF-A14 (Top back), 1x NF-F12 (Back), 2x NF-A12x15 (GPU) - Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX II - Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: AOC AG352UCG6 Secondary Monitor: AOC 24G2 HDR-Gaming-TV: LG C9 OLED 55" - Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless - Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600 Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

5 minutes ago, mazunumi said:

So I build my first pc this weekend and I just have a question about the temperatures I'm seeing from my cpu. When I'm not using my computer and it is just standing on the desktop with nothing open the temperature will sit between 36 degrees and 47 degrees Celsius, occasionally jumping to the mid 50's or higher, and it is the same if I'm just surfing the internet with a couple of other programs open like discord, file explorer.

I haven't really tested the temperatures in games other than fired up skyrim special edition and played till the point where you customize your character and it seemed to stay stable in that time with the occasionally spikes to the mid 60's.

So my question is, does that sound like some reasonable temperatures or do they seem high? the cpu I'm using is a ryzen 5 3600, with a cooler master  hyper 212 cpu cooler.

those are good idle temps imo, my cpu idles around 52c with an aio lol

Posted · Original PosterOP

Thanks for the reply, last time I had a desktop pc was 12 years ago and that was a prebuid pc so all of this with temperatures are kind of new to me