Computer s**ting the bed

i have what i would consider a mid-tier pc with only a bit of age on it, 2-4 years. i has the specs to run most of my pc games but, as of recently it wish spontaneously crash after running great for the first 5-10 minutes of the game. Sometimes it just freezes both visual and audio wise, but other times it give me a BSOD with the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

I have reseated all of my components including the mobo and PSU and have had no luck in solving the issue. I have attempted dskchk, adjusting my virtual RAM, my RX580 has the most up-to-date drivers, all of which did nothing either

i have no idea what it could be and i dont have alternative parts to switch them out with other than a pretty terrible 1060. What do I do?

We need your actual specs to help you, as well, are all your driver/bios/windows up to date, and what are your temps under load?/

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

5 minutes ago, CheeseSandwich said:

i have what i would consider a mid-tier pc with only a bit of age on it, 2-4 years. i has the specs to run most of my pc games but, as of recently it wish spontaneously crash after running great for the first 5-10 minutes of the game. Sometimes it just freezes both visual and audio wise, but other times it give me a BSOD with the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

I have reseated all of my components including the mobo and PSU and have had no luck in solving the issue. I have attempted dskchk, adjusting my virtual RAM, my RX580 has the most up-to-date drivers, all of which did nothing either

i have no idea what it could be and i dont have alternative parts to switch them out with other than a pretty terrible 1060. What do I do?

That's usually an error associated with overclocking. Do you have anything overclocked?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hey there CheeseSandwich!

Have you reinstalled Windows 10? My suggestion would be to first try it in safe mode and see what changes can cause the BSOD. I had a BSOD this month that drove me nuts, but for my sake, I made a new bootable USB device with the newest Windows 10 version right off their website. I too tried everything to get rid of the BSOD before installing the OS again. Seemed that the problem was the OS itself. I don't really know if the image from the previous USB got corrupted (yes, I installed Windows twice. Once with the old OS image on the USB Stick, second with the new one) but surprise, the BSOD was gone for some reason. So, you might want to consider this, or repaste the CPU/GPU and check to have a good airflow in the case. Every small thing that might seems too little to count can be the problem to anything, even if it's not related sometimes.

Cheers!

10 minutes ago, Statik said:

We need your actual specs to help you, as well, are all your driver/bios/windows up to date, and what are your temps under load?/

My windows and graphics card drivers are up to date, but i don't know if my bios are up to date

WHEN MAKING YOUR POST, ALWAYS:

• Describe the problem you are having in detail but without rambling. If your post is as long as this one, it's too long.
  • Include your operating system including version and 32/64 bit.
  • Include your entire system specs, including the wattage of your PSU.
  • Tell us which BIOS version you have. Some problems can be fixed by updating to the latest BIOS, so check that there are no updates available
  • Include any software running when it crashes (if applicable)
  • Give full details of any error messages and screenshots if possible
  • Use an informative title briefly describing the error. It's not helpful to see a thread titled "please help" or "Urgent" because most people are better at some problems than others, so may not prioritize your issue, and some people will ignore you completely.

Without these details, we may not be able to help you. To speed up the process, please ensure you have all the details on your post

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, CheeseSandwich said:

My windows and graphics card drivers are up to date, but i don't know if my bios are up to date

Well then you should probably check....

and temps...

and specs...

We can't solve a math problem without the numbers.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Sorry lads, it appears my BIOS are corrupt, i am very fucking sorry i wasted your time people.