What sensor should I be using as input for an header?

DarkAlpha_Sete

My motherboard only has 2 fan headers, one for CPU and the other for whatever. I got a fan hub and a total of 4 fans will be connected to this hub (2x 140mm input, 2x 120mm exhaust).

The temperatures that can be used as inputs are Chipset, VRM MOS, VSOC MOS and System 1, on top of an adjustable fan curve. (I assume System 1 is an average or something, I have no clue).

Which do I pick to keep this PC as cool as possible? I don't give a crap about noise, as long as there is noise only when under load.

I'd actually plug it into the cpu fan header

Then have only 1 fan running from a different option.

Your PC will probably stop at POST if there's no fan plugged into the CPU fan header unless you specificly set the option to not monitor this.

Your list doesn't make much sense because it looks like you only have 4 case fans? That can't be right. There has to be a fan on your CPU cooler unless you're doing water cooling. 

I assume you just didn't mention your CPU fan? That means your fan hub goes into the case fan header  and your case fans plug into your fan hub. You could also use a fan splitter for your case fans.

There's hardly any effect on crank up the case fans to 11 as long as there's some ventilation and airflow. There are basically 3 major heat sources under load: CPU, GPU, VRM mosfets. Your CPU fan should react to the CPU temps (unless you're doing water cooling, than the radiator fans should react to the water temps), the case fans (if at all) should react to the VRM temps but should be high enough in any case to offer enough airflow to both GPU and CPU, the GPU does its own thing.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

1 hour ago, bowrilla said:

Your PC will probably stop at POST if there's no fan plugged into the CPU fan header unless you specificly set the option to not monitor this.

Your list doesn't make much sense because it looks like you only have 4 case fans? That can't be right. There has to be a fan on your CPU cooler unless you're doing water cooling. 

I assume you just didn't mention your CPU fan? That means your fan hub goes into the case fan header  and your case fans plug into your fan hub. You could also use a fan splitter for your case fans.

There's hardly any effect on crank up the case fans to 11 as long as there's some ventilation and airflow. There are basically 3 major heat sources under load: CPU, GPU, VRM mosfets. Your CPU fan should react to the CPU temps (unless you're doing water cooling, than the radiator fans should react to the water temps), the case fans (if at all) should react to the VRM temps but should be high enough in any case to offer enough airflow to both GPU and CPU, the GPU does its own thing.

It appears I, as usual, couldn't word it properly on the first try... Ugh.

There is a CPU input that I am using for the CPU header. The question is about how I should use the one other header.

What I take from your reply is that I should use the VRM as input for all case fans? Guess it makes sense. Is it the VSOC MOS or VRM MOS? I assume the latter, but who knows. This motherboard (Gigabyte B450M DS3H) doesn't have a lot of documentation.

7 hours ago, DarkAlpha_Sete said:

It appears I, as usual, couldn't word it properly on the first try... Ugh.

There is a CPU input that I am using for the CPU header. The question is about how I should use the one other header.

What I take from your reply is that I should use the VRM as input for all case fans? Guess it makes sense. Is it the VSOC MOS or VRM MOS? I assume the latter, but who knows. This motherboard (Gigabyte B450M DS3H) doesn't have a lot of documentation.

i understood/stand what you are saying. I would recommend that you connect as many fans as you can to the cpu header. anything extra to the other=system 1.

if you can:

3 to the cpu/ 1 to the other

2 x 2 is ok too.