Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tapio Markkanen

ryzen 5 pro 2600?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I was doing research on whihc kinda cpu would be best for the buck on my graphics card. And I found that 3d mark search didn´t have it as ryzen 5 2600x but some "pro" version?

Does this mean the ryzen 5 2600x or some other cpu?

https://www.3dmark.com/newsearch#advanced?test=spy P&cpuId=2408&gpuId=1285&gpuCount=1&deviceType=DESKTOP&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=

The ryzen pro is actually a thing. There is a difference between the Ryzen 5 pro and the normal one.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Pro is for business.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Pro models are for business environments and come with extra security features.

"pro" is the same as the non-pro for 99% of people. 

I believe the warranty period is worth it. 

If your use case is mainly gaming: 1600AF, 3300x, 3600 are all the choices you should be considering the most. This is assuming they're at "normal" prices ($85ish, $120ish, $160ish respectively). Sometimes these parts have people flock to them and the prices end up higher than they ought to be 

-------

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/10/amd-ryzen-pro-3000-series-desktop-cpus-will-offer-full-ram-encryption/

"What's a Ryzen Pro?"

The business answer: Ryzen Pro 3000 is a line of CPUs specifically intended to power business-class desktop machines. The Pro line ranges from the humble dual-core Athlon Pro 300GE all the way through to Ryzen 9 Pro 3900, a 12-core/24-thread monster. The new parts will not be available for end-user retail purchase and are only available to OEMs seeking to build systems around them.

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard