Question regarding 2 different corsair vengeance lpx models

I found 2 different model types regarding this ram stick CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 and CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 for the same price and i am trying to figure out their differences so i at least wont get the "wrong" one if possible.

From what i gathered so far the Z model is seemingly optimized for ryzen systems/has a small chance of samsung b-die chips (but not really betting on it) while the B model seems the more commercial available one and seems to be optimized for intel systems.

Using the data from the official site https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 and https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 they both seem to have the same timings for 3200 while the Z model has a spd speed of 2666 compared to 2133 of B model

I dont expect to win the lottery and get a samsung bdie Z model and B by default uses hynix or similar but still is there a reason not go with the Z for my pc build of ryzen 5 2600X/pro aorus 540?Also in theory will the Z one run by default at 2666mhz or it will get throttled to 2400mhz by the mobo?

20 minutes ago, potatox said:

Also in theory will the Z one run by default at 2666mhz or it will get throttled to 2400mhz by the mobo?

If its the only stick in the system then it'll run at 2666 out of the box 

But since it's with a stick with a lower frequency out of the box from the SPD chip

Both will run at the speed of the slowest one until you enable xmp.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I had the impression that DDR4 memory had a soft/hard lock of always starting at 2133/2400mhz (not counting xmp) no matter the ram specs but seems i am wrong.

I guess i will opt for the Z model but would love to get some more heads up over the subject

2 minutes ago, potatox said:

had the impression that DDR4 memory had a soft/hard lock of always starting at 2133/2400mhz

It depends on what the SPD chip is set at.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: