Is my Seasoinc Prime 750w Titanium enough power to this build?

Salty52
Go to solution Solved by gloop,

More than enough. 

Hello LTT community I'm kinda new here and would like a recommendation whether i should take another look at another psu with higher wattage or not, and EXCUSE my english it's not my native language.

The PSU i chose is Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium certifed 
i visited multiple sites that calculates PSU wattage and it concludes that my pc build with some peripherals and a bit overclocking results a 700w recommendation and I'm kinda worried that there's no headroom left for future upgrades.

due to the present dilemma and the lack of pc parts in the market, i went with the Seasonic TX-750
heres the parts i ordered from computer universe

PC SPECS:

CPU: Intel i9 10900k, planning to My OC it at a maximum 1.35v and ofc it depends on my chip I'm getting
RAM: G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz CL16 4x8 32gb

MOBO: Asus Maximus hero wifi z490 chip

CPU cooler: NZXT AIO Z63 280mm liquid cooler

SSD: 970 evo plus m.2, 860 evo from samsung and a 7200rpm hard drive

GPU: Asus Strix 2080 Ti and probably would upgrade *in the future* to Ampere when it comes out

POWER SUPPLY: Seasonic Prime 750w Titanium 

14 minutes ago, Korben said:

Actually Seasonic offer a quiet nice wattage calculator: https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator

With your config and some overclocking it spits out the 750Watt Focus Gold :)

Yep it showed the load wattage around 700w my only worry is that intel core reviews shows that it sometimes reaches 300W TDP!! In addition to the beefy 2080 ti which draws almost the same at 285W TDP, but meeh who would use these two components on their full TDP at the same time

i guess i have a decent headroom, unfortunately i didnt find the 850w variant in stock 

59 minutes ago, Salty52 said:

Yep it showed the load wattage around 700w my only worry is that intel core reviews shows that it sometimes reaches 300W TDP!! In addition to the beefy 2080 ti which draws almost the same at 285W TDP, but meeh who would use these two components on their full TDP at the same time

i guess i have a decent headroom, unfortunately i didnt find the 850w variant in stock 

Keep in mind these calculators (at least the Seasonic one) also put some headroom wattage on top of the calculated value because of these spikes and PSUs operate more efficient  if they are not loaded at nearly 100%. So to calculate even more "headroom" on top is not neccessary.

25 minutes ago, Korben said:

Actually Seasonic offer a quiet nice wattage calculator: https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator

And like every other wattage calculator. The numbers they spit out are innaccurate and missleading. Often leading to people making jad purchasing decisions. 

1 hour ago, Salty52 said:

A 650w PSU would be plenty for your setup. 

Ignore PSU calculator numbers. If you want more accurate numbers, then you should look at reviews detailing 12v rail wattage draw. Something Gamers Nexus often puts out. 

2 hours ago, Salty52 said:

POWER SUPPLY: Seasonic Prime 750w Titanium 

Plenty powerfull. 

Might be better of getting multirail units at that pricepoint and wattage(im assuming price here). 

A lower wattage, 650w unit, would be plenty for your needs. 

Do you have a link to a retailer we can utilize?

34 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

And like every other wattage calculator. The numbers they spit out are innaccurate and missleading. Often leading to people making jad purchasing decisions. 

A 650w PSU would be plenty for your setup. 

And like with all generalisations, you're wrong and right.

Seasonic actually recommends a wattage of 553W for his specs with some overclocking, which is even below your recommended 650W. Of cource they recommend their own 750W Model... (they still want to make more money).

2 hours ago, Korben said:

(they still want to make more money).

And thats likely one of their reasons for overrecommending wattage. 

There are more accurate calculators, but those are more accurate for the wrong reasons. 

650w covers a potensial wattage jump with future GPUs, otherwise a 550w would actually suffice. 

Edit: also since the focus had shutdown issues with higher tranciense cards. Not too odd to recommend higher wattages for them.