Won't post out of stock memory settings

There I was playing some valorant when my PC just froze, when I restarted it, it booted but got me a BSOD "system exception" when I was about to go back to game.

Since then I'm not able to boot if the ram isn't at auto and 2400mhz (tried lower too)

I can boot with higher volts too, I presume I can oc the CPU as well (Ryzen master worked)

I used to run it with a 3400 oc and tighter timings but my ram is a sport ballistics 3000mhz xmp

My PC:

Gigabyte b450m gaming

R7 2700

2x 8gb ballistics single rank

Cx 650 plus bronze

Rtx 2070 mini galax

PS: running bios f50 but reverted to f32 to test and made no difference.

Alright a couple of things 

Clear the cmos 

Set the soc to 1.1

Dram to 1.35 

And then try 2933 with docp / xmp on 

If it boots, use memtest86 and /or OCCT to make sure that it's stable .

If it is, try 3000 and then use memtest86 and / or OCCT 

3200 is beyond the advertised frequency of the kit , and how good that overclock is, will depend on the quality of the IC's and the imc 

And for zen + the imc is not necessarily good. And anything over 2933 is not guaranteed. If 3000 and 2933 works. Try 3200 ( even tho the difference in performance will be negligible).

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Alright a couple of things 

Clear the cmos 

Set the soc to 1.1

Dram to 1.35 

And then try 2933 with docp / xmp on 

If it boots, use memtest86 and /or OCCT to make sure that it's stable .

If it is, try 3000 and then use memtest86 and / or OCCT 

3200 is beyond the advertised frequency of the kit , and how good that overclock is, will depend on the quality of the IC's and the imc 

And for zen + the imc is not necessarily good. And anything over 2933 is not guaranteed. If 3000 and 2933 works. Try 3200 ( even tho the difference in performance will be negligible).

Didn't work, it cicled 3 times turning on/off and then gone back to stock settings...

1 minute ago, PedroBE said:

Didn't work, it cicled 3 times turning on/off and then gone back to stock settings...

Have you manually set the soc to 1.1 and dram to 1.35 and tried 2933 ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Have you manually set the soc to 1.1 and dram to 1.35 and tried 2933 ?

Yes, Sir.

Yes, Sir.

Try a lower  frequency like 2666. 

Also just checking , when you over clocked the ram , what voltage did you set it to?

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Try a lower  frequency like 2666. 

Also just checking , when you over clocked the ram , what voltage did you set it to?

I followed dram timing calculator's up to 1.48 just for testing but was using 1.46 for 3400

Just now, PedroBE said:

I followed dram timing calculator's up to 1.48 just for testing but was using 1.46 for 3400

1.46?! For what I would assume a micron or a hynix kit?

Build Log: 

Micron E die

Just now, PedroBE said:

Micron E die

Try setting it to 2666.

Build Log: 

Try setting it to 2666.

Same thing, 3 cicles on/off... Any idea what it can be?

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I'm sorry, I was using up to 1.42 for higher clocks but 1.38 for 3400

Just now, PedroBE said:

Any idea what it can be?

I mean , it's possible that it's due to wear down 

1.46 us a pretty high voltage for micron E-die and  I wouldn't go over 1.4 with this kit.

but 1.38 for 3400

3400? You just said it was set at 3200?

Build Log: 

I've ran for a good time in 3400mhz, like a year or so

1.46 us a pretty high voltage for micron E-die and  I wouldn't go over 1.4 with this kit.

Yep, I was wrong

Well, in that case I'll be testing another kit when I have the chance...

Thanks for the attention and help!

2 minutes ago, PedroBE said:

Thanks for the attention and help!

No problem.

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

I was thinking by myself, does this explain I'm not being able to boot even in lower frequencies than 2400?

does this explain I'm not being able to boot even in lower frequencies than 2400?

Could be possible.

Build Log: 

@TofuHaroto
After some search I was about to resocket my cpu (its not a intel, but anyways) as I was doing some work in blender and was getting trouble making actions and listening to a video at the same time I saw that there was just 8gb recognized, so I go take the 2 mem out of the board and test one by one (done before).

For my surprise, a stick alone booted with the xmp profile without any problems, so did the 2 sticks. I'm happy it's working again but don't know what to think about it now haha.
Did a cinebench real quick and the performance is on par too...

I'm happy it's working again but don't know what to think about it now haha

Well that's weird 

Either way , good for you, just a note, don't go beyond 1.4 with non b die kits ;)

Build Log: 

Well that's weird 

Either way , good for you, just a note, don't go beyond 1.4 with non b die kits ;)

Yeah, I was getting some weird stuff when trying 3666 out either way... I'll stick to 3000 as it works well and don't get a perceptible performance loss...
Going off topic, my mobo supports up to 3600mhz and theres some nice price in t-force dark z 2x16gb kits, about $225 (for comparisson, a 2070 super is up to 770-800 dollars here in Brazil) Will my cpu make a good use of it? There's only a $20 difference from the 3000 and 3600 kits...

5 minutes ago, PedroBE said:

Will my cpu make a good use of it?

It might be not possible because you have no control over the FCLK with zen + and the imc is a little meh.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it will he difficult.

Build Log: 

It might be not possible because you have no control over the FCLK with zen + and the imc is a little meh.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it will he difficult.

What about thinking in the future, like a zen3? 

Just now, PedroBE said:

What about thinking in the future, like a zen3? 

That'll be somewhat reasonable. 

If your already planning an upgrade for ram then I guess go for it, if your fine with the current kit, keep it 

Micron e die isn't the worst and should be fine for now.

Build Log: