Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jumballi

Mismatch Monitor Position

What is the placement of better monitor?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. When you have 2 different monitors, which side does the better of the two go?

• Left
    • Right
    • Bottom

Posted · Original PosterOP

When you have 2 different monitors, either as a gamer who upgraded to a 144hz screen or an artist who could only afford 1 pro display XDR, you have to place one monitor next to the other if you planed to use both. I want to know where and why you place your monitor where you do, even if the answer is ‘it felt natural’.

For me, everytime I get a new monitor, the oldest one gets trashed, and everything shifts to the left to make room for the new fastest screen on the right.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I would have my better monitor in the middle, the one I use most often, and my secondary monitor on the side, for me the left since my pc tower is on my right. That's how I like it

Honestly I've done all of these and it just depends on the set up

At work I have secondary on the left, at home I have secondary on the right- both feel "Normal"

|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

If I have just 2 primary is on the left, but generally with 3 primary is in the middle.

I have a secondary (pretty bad) 60hz 21” monitor next to my laptop. I put it on the right side mostly because that’s how it fit best on my desk. When I had the same screen next to my iMac (pls don’t judge it was before I knew anything about computers) it was on the left.

I leave the primary screen where it was and put the secondary where it fits best on the desk.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Does this apply to a triple monitor setup, I cant do 2 monitors, it has to be 1 or 3.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I have my better monitor in the center, and the secondary to the left.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB