Mismatch Monitor Position

Jumballi

What is the placement of better monitor?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. When you have 2 different monitors, which side does the better of the two go?

• Left
    • Right
    • Bottom

When you have 2 different monitors, either as a gamer who upgraded to a 144hz screen or an artist who could only afford 1 pro display XDR, you have to place one monitor next to the other if you planed to use both. I want to know where and why you place your monitor where you do, even if the answer is ‘it felt natural’.

For me, everytime I get a new monitor, the oldest one gets trashed, and everything shifts to the left to make room for the new fastest screen on the right.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Honestly I've done all of these and it just depends on the set up

At work I have secondary on the left, at home I have secondary on the right- both feel "Normal"

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

If I have just 2 primary is on the left, but generally with 3 primary is in the middle.

I have a secondary (pretty bad) 60hz 21” monitor next to my laptop. I put it on the right side mostly because that’s how it fit best on my desk. When I had the same screen next to my iMac (pls don’t judge it was before I knew anything about computers) it was on the left.

I leave the primary screen where it was and put the secondary where it fits best on the desk.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Does this apply to a triple monitor setup, I cant do 2 monitors, it has to be 1 or 3.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I have my better monitor in the center, and the secondary to the left.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB