Can I run an HD7990 off of 2 power supplies?

Go to solution Solved by Vishera,

With the paper clip method it should not be a problem,i have done that myself as part of an experiment.

I own 2 antec vp500p v2 power supplies. If I connect one of the power supplies to one of the 8 pin connectors on the graphics card (and the rest of the components) and connect the other power supply to the other 8 pin connector on the graphics card will it work? I've used 2 power supplies to power a pc with a gtx 1060 before and it worked fine but that only used the 6 pin from one power supply and not 2 power supplies powering 2 different connectors. 

*poof*

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I think so? Only one way to find out

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

you will have to jump the one not connected to the 24 pin, but will work. not the most power saving though lol

With the paper clip method it should not be a problem,i have done that myself as part of an experiment.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566