Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Intel Fanboy

This is a forum suggestion: members should be allowed to lock threads they create.

1 minute ago, Intel Fanboy said:

What do you think?

Horrible idea IMO. Gives us regular users way too much control.

Make a news thread with a controversial opinion? Lock that sucker, so no one can argue otherwise.

Made a thread and people share their differing opinion? Lock that, can't have people spread their opinions!

2 minutes ago, Intel Fanboy said:

once the member has an answer, they don't want notifications on comments on threads they already have the answer to because it's annoying

Then just unfollow the thread? That will of course not stop people from quoting/tagging an OP, but does still help.

Plus an OP may think they have an answer, but what if the user that gave the answer was wrong? Then no one can correct that person.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Here is a suggestion to make forums better: I think members should be allowed to lock threads they create because sometimes after the member gets their answer, the thread gets kind of chaotic, so locking the thread will help that, and because once the member has an answer, they don't want notifications on comments on threads they already have the answer to because it's annoying, and annoying to get notifiications on threads very old, so for those reasons, I think members should be allowed to lock threads they create. What do you think?

Here is a suggestion to make forums better: I think members should be allowed to lock threads they create because sometimes after the member gets their answer, the thread gets kind of chaotic, so locking the thread will help that, and because once the member has an answer, they don't want notifications on comments on threads they already have the answer to because it's annoying, and annoying to get notifiications on threads very old, so for those reasons, I think members should be allowed to lock threads they create. What do you think?

I disagree, mostly because it will terminate any productive conversations between members in the replys. If they only quote each other, and not the OP, they don't get notifications so it's really a non-issue.

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Posted · Best Answer

What do you think?

Horrible idea IMO. Gives us regular users way too much control.

Make a news thread with a controversial opinion? Lock that sucker, so no one can argue otherwise.

Made a thread and people share their differing opinion? Lock that, can't have people spread their opinions!

2 minutes ago, Intel Fanboy said:

once the member has an answer, they don't want notifications on comments on threads they already have the answer to because it's annoying

Then just unfollow the thread? That will of course not stop people from quoting/tagging an OP, but does still help.

Plus an OP may think they have an answer, but what if the user that gave the answer was wrong? Then no one can correct that person.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

No, this will just lead to troll threads upon troll threads.

|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

Also, this is already in the sticky:  

Allow members to delete or lock their own posts
If you would like something to be removed, please report it, and it will be removed by a moderator. However, a significant number of the deletion requests that we get are because the topic is solved, which is not a valid reason for deletion - by leaving the topic, it can help other people in the future.

|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, minibois said:

Oh yeah I could just do that. Thanks for letting me know

3 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

I disagree, mostly because it will terminate any productive conversations between members in the replys. If they only quote each other, and not the OP, they don't get notifications so it's really a non-issue.

Never looked at this side of the debate. Thanks

7 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Maybe a function where you can request to have the thread locked? 

Already exists. Called "Report" (triangle with exclamation mark).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv