Recommendation

So in short, the rgb connector on my water block was damaged during shipping and fell off during installation. I was wondering if anyone had some good at home tips or suggestions for repairs. Im no stranger to wire maintenance but currently lack tools for soldering. Any suggestions are helpful!:)

Just now, Adler05 said:

So in short, the rgb connector on my water block was damaged during shipping and fell off during installation. I was wondering if anyone had some good at home tips or suggestions for repairs. Im no stranger to wire maintenance but currently lack tools for soldering. Any suggestions are helpful!:)

Personally I would return it if it was damaged during shipping. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

the only issue with returning it is that it is only the rgb and its already installed as my primary cooling source. Im hoping to avoid uninstalling it for longer than needed to repair the wire. I don't want to go through the shipping and waiting over some RGB that in reality isn't necessary for function, I just want it to look cool haha

basically looking for any suggestions as far as good amazon kits or anything else anyone has found as a good all arounjd investment for the tools to have on hand for crafting the plastic 4pin(and other) connectors

15 hours ago, Adler05 said:

basically looking for any suggestions as far as good amazon kits or anything else anyone has found as a good all arounjd investment for the tools to have on hand for crafting the plastic 4pin(and other) connectors

If its standard connector, you could buy splitter and cut&solder another header.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

hard to give advise when we don't no what wb you talking about and a pic of the damage plz and thx

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links