Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WulfAzul

PC runs very loud for no reason

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just built my new PC. Everything seems to run fine except my power supply runs loudly whether i have eco mode turned on or off. It starts up quietly then after about 20 seconds it gets very loud and stays that way no matter what i am doing. Is there something i missed when i built it? It does not run hot at all either. 

i7 9700k

scythe fuma 2 cooler

rtx 2060 super

z390 aorus pro wifi

evga 650 GQ power supply

fractal design meshify c with 2 stock fans 

2x 140mm be quiet! silent wing fans 

4 minutes ago, WulfAzul said:

I just built my new PC. Everything seems to run fine except my power supply runs loudly whether i have eco mode turned on or off. It starts up quietly then after about 20 seconds it gets very loud and stays that way no matter what i am doing. Is there something i missed when i built it? It does not run hot at all either. 

i7 9700k

scythe fuma 2 cooler

rtx 2060 super

z390 aorus pro wifi

evga 650 GQ power supply

fractal design meshify c with 2 stock fans 

2x 140mm be quiet! silent wing fans 

seems like a problem with your PSU, you should RMA it

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro, Manjaro

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Laptop [A hunk of shit]:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina 

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

35 minutes ago, WulfAzul said:

eco mode turned on or off

So basically all the time?

t does not run hot at all either.

Your psu fan is malfunctioning. Your power supply seems fine in terms of watts. You have more than enough power for the system. So it doesn't seem like your psu is under load. 

rtx 2060 super

I think there is a setting in the bios about power management. Go to power management in your bios and look at what parts of your system use the power. That should help you troubleshoot it and tell you the problems. There is probably also a setting about the psu fan or case fans, just lower the fan speed of all the fans, psu fan, and even the case fans during idling. How do you know it's the psu. It could also just be the case fans. Just lower the speed of all the fans in the system including case fans during idle, and see what happens from there