Ram causing boot loop when set to 3200mhz

I need help, I have a Gigabyte b450m ds3h, a ryzen 5 1600af, a XFX Radeon rx 580, 2 sticks of corsair vengeance 3200mhz ram, samsung evo 970 nvme ssd, and a evga 500w power supply. System gets stuck in a blue screen of death boot loop whenever I enable xmp ram profile, I have tried re-seating the ram, the ram is compatible with both the motherboard and the cpu. When I put it at stock speed it runs fine, boots into windows and everything. Any help you guys can give would be awesome, it's really starting to annoy me.

7 minutes ago, INeedLotsOfHelp said:

I need help, I have a Gigabyte b450m ds3h, a ryzen 5 1600af, a XFX Radeon rx 580, 2 sticks of corsair vengeance 3200mhz ram, samsung evo 970 nvme ssd, and a evga 500w power supply. System gets stuck in a blue screen of death boot loop whenever I enable xmp ram profile, I have tried re-seating the ram, the ram is compatible with both the motherboard and the cpu. When I put it at stock speed it runs fine, boots into windows and everything. Any help you guys can give would be awesome, it's really starting to annoy me.

Is your mobo BIOS fully updated?

Its possible the IMC (integrated memory controller) on your CPU just can't do it. Its rare not not be able to run 3200, but its technically not supported, so it isn't guaranteed.

I would make sure your BIOS is updated first. If that doesn't work, load the XMP profile and set the RAM to run at 3000 MHz manually while leaving everything else it set such as voltage and timings alone. That may be enough of a speed drop to make the IMC happy. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Set the soc to 1.1 

Dram to 1.35 

Get 2933 with xmp / docp on 

If it boots use memtest86 and OCCT to verify that it's stable

If it us , go for 3200 and then use memtest86 and OCCT if it boots.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

7 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Set the soc to 1.1 

Dram to 1.35 

Get 2933 with xmp / docp on 

If it boots use memtest86 and OCCT to verify that it's stable

If it us , go for 3200 and then use memtest86 and OCCT if it boots.

It's not letting me change the speed at all, even on manual, is there anything I'm doing g wrong here? It has the option to change the latency and timings and whatnot, but not the voltage or frequency.

Edit: I'm an idiot, I didn't realize that you type in the numbers for the frequency and voltage

Edited by INeedLotsOfHelp