Case heats up very quickly and gets extremely hot

El000n

Hello, so I build my first PC about a month ago and ever since I’ve noticed that no matter what I really do, my case gets extremely hot to the point I can’t even touch the glass or sides and it really heats up the room I’m playing in. This usually happens whenever I’m playing something really intensive like CoD MW but it also does get very hot when playing something like League or Valorant. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Specs:

MB: gigabyte B365M DS3H LGA 1151 Micro Atx

PSU: Corsair CX650M (650W)

GPU: MSI GeForce 1070

CPU: I5 9600K

Ram: Corsair: Vengeance LPX 3000HZ

Case: DarkFlash MicroAtx 

I have 2 case fans, Corsair AF120 

SOS!

13 minutes ago, El000n said:

I can’t even touch the glass

Glass is a very poor conductor of heat, compared to aluminum. I would understand if the metal parts of your case was warm to the touch, but if the glass is too hot to touch, there is something really wrong going on.

Open up your case and pinpoint where the source(s) of heat is coming from. Your CPU heatsink should be warm to the touch and parts of your graphics card will be hot, as well as the VRMs on your motherboard, but most of the heat should not be transferring to your case.

14 minutes ago, El000n said:

I have 2 case fans, Corsair AF120

How are the fans configured? Are they both on the front, or on the top, or is one of them in the back and the other somewhere else and so on? Have you set them to spin at a constant speed or have they been set to automatically adjust speed depending on the system's temperature? In what direction are the fans blowing?

Also, quite obviously everything will get hotter when running games and such. You have not actually mentioned any temperatures or anything, so there's no way of saying if you're just getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

yeah thats pretty weird look at the temps in HWINFO

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

your case seems to have top exhaust from a quick googling.. for the glass to get to the point of burning your hand, the top exhuasts would have to be steaming...

what are system temperatures (cpu, gpu, whatever else has a sensor) actually like?

if you're having thermal issues, put both fans in the top, as either intake or exhaust, whichever tickles your fancy. should do the job well enough.

My guess will be insufficient airflow. Take the side panel off.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Mounted the fans wrong and they're all pushing in/pulling out?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

52 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Mounted the fans wrong and they're all pushing in/pulling out?

Initially this was my thought because I noticed it was facing the wrong way so I turned the fans but the problem persisted

2 hours ago, badreg said:

Glass is a very poor conductor of heat, compared to aluminum. I would understand if the metal parts of your case was warm to the touch, but if the glass is too hot to touch, there is something really wrong going on.

Open up your case and pinpoint where the source(s) of heat is coming from. Your CPU heatsink should be warm to the touch and parts of your graphics card will be hot, as well as the VRMs on your motherboard, but most of the heat should not be transferring to your case.

Most of it seems to be coming from the CPU heat sink and GPU

4 hours ago, WereCatf said:

How are the fans configured? Are they both on the front, or on the top, or is one of them in the back and the other somewhere else and so on? Have you set them to spin at a constant speed or have they been set to automatically adjust speed depending on the system's temperature? In what direction are the fans blowing?

Also, quite obviously everything will get hotter when running games and such. You have not actually mentioned any temperatures or anything, so there's no way of saying if you're just getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

My CPU reaches around 80 Celsius and my GPU does tend to reach the limit of 82 Celsius when I’m playing CoD. Other times it just mostly sits around 70-80 range. Both are on the front and they’re automatically adjusted. Fans are all blowing so that the air is pushed from right to left. 

2 hours ago, El000n said:

Both are on the front

So you have no actual airflow at all. Move one fan to the back so it pulls air from inside the case and blows it outside.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

8 hours ago, El000n said:

Initially this was my thought because I noticed it was facing the wrong way so I turned the fans but the problem persisted

Well if it was wrong you wouldn't turn ALL the fans, only the ones that are wrong.

You need around as many fan capacity pushing air in as pulling air out. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Post pics of your case, open showing how you have fans installed. Is the front panel a mesh or glass/plastic?

There is NO reason why the case should be that hot.

16 hours ago, El000n said:

My CPU reaches around 80 Celsius and my GPU does tend to reach the limit of 82 Celsius when I’m playing CoD. Other times it just mostly sits around 70-80 range. Both are on the front and they’re automatically adjusted. Fans are all blowing so that the air is pushed from right to left. 

Also, it seems these temps are on the higher side for idling as well...158-176 Degree F is way too hot for the system to not have any major issues.

How is your power supply installed? The fan should be facing down, there is a vent at the bottom for the exhaust from the PSU.