best gpu to choose from?

justinislit

I'm planning on building my first build and I was wondering what is the best gpu to choose from. I know I'm going be doing some video editing and i want to start playing on 144hz 1440 on high or ultra and in the future maybe 4k on medium or high. The Gpu i was planning on picking from are RTX 2070 Super or RTX2080 Super. I was thinking about the 2080 ti but I was thinking  I would wait till the new 3000 series come out. Let me know your suggestions. here my list

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/justinislit2/saved/HD3qpg

You will definitely get more bang for your buck if you're thinking of waiting until the 3000 Series to come out.  However, if you're looking to future proof and are willing to wait a few months, consider a build in the Fall with the 3000 Series in mind.  That should give you, very comfortably, 18-24 months at the top-end of the spectrum.

6 minutes ago, justinislit said:

I'm planning on building my first build and I was wondering what is the best gpu to choose from. I know I'm going be doing some video editing and i want to start playing on 144hz 1440 on high or ultra and in the future maybe 4k on medium or high. The Gpu i was planning on picking from are RTX 2070 Super or RTX2080 Super. I was thinking about the 2080 ti but I was thinking  I would wait till the new 3000 series come out. Let me know your suggestions. here my list

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/justinislit2/saved/HD3qpg

I would recommend waiting for 3000 series graphics cards, also would recommend changing the hard drive to this and possibly spending the extra budget towards a larger SSD which you can use to accelerate frequently used programs and files on the HDD (doesn't necessarily have to be a NVME drive, get SATA if the difference becomes significant):

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-BarraCuda-Internal-Drive-3-5-Inch/dp/B07D9C7SQH/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=4tb+hdd&qid=1593968084&s=electronics&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFCVVpCWUdNUzcwNkUmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwOTYyMzc3U1Y5NkRTMzRTQlMmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDk3NDU0NzIzNk1GT0o3RDE1UFgmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Kaelon said:

However, if you're looking to future proof and are willing to wait a few months, consider a build in the Fall with the 3000 Series in mind.  That should give you, very comfortably, 18-24 months at the top-end of the spectrum.

How do you know this? No one has any idea what kind of technology developments we're going to have within the next 2 years.

Get what's good now, and upgrade when you need to.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

How do you know this? No one has any idea what kind of technology developments we're going to have within the next 2 years.

Get what's good now, and upgrade when you need to.

I would recommend checking out this article for more information about Nvidia 3000 series GPUs (including expected launch times):    https://www.techradar.com/news/rtx-3080

You can use your integrated graphics for some time or a spare old/used GPU in the meantime (you could get a cheap used GPU for under $20 if your system doesn't have integrated graphics), it's not likely going to be a great experience, although it will work until the newer card/s are released or until you save up more money towards a card.

@Boomwebsearch 

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I would recommend checking out this article for more information about Nvidia 3000 series GPUs (including expected launch times): 

these are not facts 

they are theories, for all we know it could be wrong, we can't know if this is correct or not. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I would recommend checking out this article for more information about Nvidia 3000 series GPUs (including expected launch times):    https://www.techradar.com/news/rtx-3080

You can use your integrated graphics for some time or a spare old/used GPU in the meantime (you could get a cheap used GPU for under $20 if your system doesn't have integrated graphics), it's not likely going to be a great experience, although it will work until the newer card/s are released or until you save up more money towards a card.

I was thinking of buying  a Friend old 2070 super that he selling for around 250. He only using it for 2 months after he won a giveaway for a RTX 2080 ti. So it fairly new.

3 minutes ago, justinislit said:

I was thinking of buying  a Friend old 2070 super that he selling for around 250. He only using it for 2 months after he won a giveaway for a RTX 2080 ti. So it fairly new.

thats a pretty good price for a fairly new 2070s

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, justinislit said:

A 2070 Super will still work very well for most consumer-grade use cases. I would get the used 2070 Super at a discount if you are planning to buy something now, if not then you may want to consider waiting for the 3000 series GPUs.

@Boomwebsearch 

You probably want a 2080 ti for 1440p 144hz high/ultra

I have a RTX 2080 and I can't get consistent 1440p 144hz in all games.